Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Silverlight Issues Still

New Poster

Silverlight Issues Still

Like many others, I am still having problems with silverlight I operate with Windows Vista on a Dell. I have corrected everything and done the updates required. Every other site with videos that prompted me to do the up is now viewable, yet comcast is still showing that I must update my silverlight plugin. I get the message: 

You're almost ready to watch True Blood

Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video.

UPGRADE NOW

When will this be fixed?

I have had this happening for two weeks now, and since I have updated and tried Google Chrome, Mozilla, and Internet Explorer to view the videos to no avail. It must be a comcast problem that I would like to have fixed as soon as possible.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Silverlight Issues Still

Hello,

All these issues with video online have been going for a long time. All what comcast can do is say check if your silverlight or flash player is up to date or change to another browser. What they should do is do a more complete check of all the video before they release it online to the customers.

New Poster

I'm having the same infuriating issue. I've downloaded Silverlight 3 times, and have tried unsuccesfully on various occasions over the past two weeks to view "True Blood" via both Chrome and Explorer. I too am using a Dell laptop. I keep getting an endless cheery loop of "You're almost ready to watch 'True Blood.' Download Silverlight now." error messages. WHAT'S UP, COMCAST?

Official Employee

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

although when i went to the link you sent.  It read unknown version of silverlight, I have product version 5.1.10516.0

It will allow me to view tv shows yet will not allow me to view movies.  

New Poster

Dear ComcastJoe,

I too am stuck in the same Silverlight Upgrade loop even though I have reinstalled Silverlight. 

It says I have Silverlight version 5.1.10411.0    I cannot watch movies or tv shows. 

New Poster

Hey I know alot of people are posting about this but I'm having problems with silverlight version 5.1.10411.0 on Google chrome windows 7 64 bit version I've also tried other browsers but always have the message saying I'm almost ready upgrade to silverlight or something like that. has anyone resolved this yet? we are paying for these services. 

Official Employee

Hi all,

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the appropriate link below:

Mac users 

Windows users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

ComcastJoe,

I think I've tried everything you recommended in various threads, but am still having a problem viewing silverlight content (play window continues to say,

"You're almost ready to watch [insert video name here]

Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video."

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I've completely uninstalled and then downloaded and re-installed Silverlight Version: 5.1.10411.0.

I've tried three different browsers (opening/closing them multiple times to ensure the latest silverlight is enabled after re-installing):  Chrome 20.0.1132.47, IE9 9.0.8112.16421, and Firefox 13.0.1.

I still get the same message as above.

Nothing seems to be working.

Help!

New Poster

I meant to also say that my version of Windows 7 64-bit has Service Pack 1 installed.

Regular Contributor

i dont have any problems playing movies  on my computer  from comcast 

New Poster

That's awesome for you, Randallrivy11x.  If you have a suggestion for getting my system to work, I'd love to hear it.

But I'm still having the same problems as I reported above.  I'm hoping someone from Comcast will be able to tell me what's wrong, now that I've provided all of my system details.

Regular Contributor

one thing i do is turn all the toolbars and plugins off that i dont need or use  plus i am running the 64 bit version of  firefox

Regular Contributor

My Device Information My Cable Provider: Comcast Rankin Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My operating system: Windows - rv:13.0 My web browser: Firefox 13 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

New Poster

I completely uninstalled silverlight, installed it off of Silverlight's own website, and then went to watch videos. After it prompted me once ("youre almost ready....) and I updated it accordingly, it worked. 

New Poster

i too, am using a dell laptop w/windows 7 + ANY/EVERY browser.

i've unistalled/instaled silverlight at least four times with no luck

i've only gotten the comcast online thing to work once about six months ago, even then it was only like one out of ten progams that actually worked -even though all the tv shows/movies should have been available to watch online for me (for free + free for me with my existing premium channesl) -WITH NO EMMEFFIN LUCk! 

this is incredibly frustrating as i have cancelled my netflix and can't watch movies on my computer anymore

comcast, what is your major malfunction? and how do i watch stuff online/?

here is my info: 

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.121.152.11 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 20 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.47 Safari/536.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, D, Al, Ci, A, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, E, Aj, Bm, Bl, Bv, B, Br, Bo, Cc, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
New Poster

fifth time is the charmapparently.

i uninstalled/installed/uninstalled/installed silverligth multiple times.

i saw on another thread to download silverlight direct from the official websiteand then to download againon the comcast page where it asks you to.. and then it will say that silverlight is already installed.

then i clicked back and clicked on abunch of more random stuff i should have access toand then finally itworked.

with no help from comcast , or any comcast employees -i had to figure this out myself

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation