Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Silverlight Issue

New Poster

Silverlight Issue

Information

My Zip Code: 07712 My Cable Provider: Comcast Eatontown Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 68.44.182.254 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Aug 15 20:57:47 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Tue Aug 14 20:56:10 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, ci, bh, a, bq, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

Despite uninstalling and reinstalling silverlight from the actual microsoft webpage I can no longer watch streaming television shows from the xfinity on demand section via my laptop as I have in the past.  When I attempt to do so I am told to install silverlight, i follow the prompts and then I am told I already have the current version, but it wont play the selected program.......any other ideas?  This worked fine up until it advised I needed to upgrade.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Silverlight Issue

Anon1247354 wrote:

Despite uninstalling and reinstalling silverlight from the actual microsoft webpage I can no longer watch streaming television shows from the xfinity on demand section via my laptop as I have in the past.  When I attempt to do so I am told to install silverlight, i follow the prompts and then I am told I already have the current version, but it wont play the selected program.......any other ideas?  This worked fine up until it advised I needed to upgrade.

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer again. Then download and install our Silverlight patch from the link below. This patch resolves most video playback issues and is required for XFINITY.com/tv. This version cannot be found on Silverlight's official site:

Windows users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation