Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Silverlight Crashing

New Poster

Silverlight Crashing

I'm having trouble trying to watch the Pac12 network because the Silverlight plugin keeps crashing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Silverlight, but I have had no success. I am running Windows 7 with Silverlight 5.1.20913.0, and have had trouble with both Chrome v 30.0.1599.69 m and Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16721. Silverlight works fine for me with Netflix.

New Poster

Re: Silverlight Crashing

I know it sounds stupid but... resize your browser window to be smaller than the streaming window size and then try it. That works for me every time, then I'm able to select the full screen option and that works as well. But if at any time I maximize my browser window or resize it, or drag it to another monitor then Silverlight will crash. It’s clearly a bug from either Microsoft or Comcast and I know it sounds stupid but it appears to get around the issue. I've been using that as my workaround for over a year now.

New Poster

Re: Silverlight Crashing

Resize trick worked for me.  Thank you!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation