Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Showtime Anytime Parental Controls

New Poster

Showtime Anytime Parental Controls

Cannot watch TV-MA shows on Showtime Anytime xBox app, borwser, or ipad app. All give the same message about being block by parental controls. All parental controls are off on the account, the xbox, everywhere I can think to look. This worked yesterday. Never have used parental controls.

Seriously?

Suggestions?

New Poster

Re: Showtime Anytime Parental Controls

Same here.  I just ordered showtime anytime for the MA shows mostly and can't even watch them now due to this stupid error!  Some one please address.

New Poster

anyone figure this out. having the same issues.

New Poster

Working for me since yesterday afternoon.
New Poster

Still out for me. Pretty annoying.

New Poster

Can u please provide the solution? Thank you
Contributor

What worked for me was --- delete the SHO Anytime app and reinstall it.
(Hold the SHO icon down until jiggles and hit the X on the icon. It disappears. Now reinstall it ?)
Simple enough for a Comcast tech.
The folks at Comcast should be jumping in to these posts, but they are too busy selling us upgrades.
New Poster

I'm sorry for delay in responding...I personally didn't have to do anything it just started working on its own after 2 days.
New Poster

I had the same issue through my Apple TV. Finally removed the app from my iPad and reinstalled it. Works fine.
Regular Visitor

Resolved: I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Signed in again and it works fine now...
New Poster

Go to the Xfinity website and choose any Showtime program that has a restricted rating such as Masters of Sex

Try to watch it in online on your computer

A message should come up saying that you have Parental Controls in place. Click on the link to manager parental controls.

On the page that appears, turn the Parental Controls off in the tab on the top of the page, or you can save your prefrences in the slider controls.

New Poster

I had to turn off parental controls from the xfinity website. Although I was set to unrestricted prior. The moment the controls were turned off my showtime app functioned correctly
New Poster

How did you do that? On my account the only thing I can do is to put a password in.

New Poster

If you're using Apple TV or Xbox, you might need to go to into the Showtime app, go to settings, and unlink device. Then, relink your Apple TV or Xbox after you remove your parental controls through your TV provider. That worked for me. 

New Poster

1. Go to Settings in the Showtime Anytime app > Unlink Device > Yes

2. Settings > Activate Showtime Anytime

3. Choose your cable provider. An activation code appears.

4. Follow instructions (interface may have changed slightly). Have your Login info ready for step d. below.

a. From a browser, go to showtimeanytime.com/activate 

b. Skip or click through any advertising [Stupid user experience, Showtime!]

c. Click Login > Select your cable provider

d. Login

e. Select device (AppleTV or xBox)

f. Enter Activation Code into browser and click Submit.

g. Click Continue on AppleTV

New Poster

I Have had the same problems, and unlinking and reactivating did not work.

What worked for me was to play the movie or program on the iphone or ipad first for a few seconds.

Then when I went back to the Apple TV it asked to resume and played fine.

Good luck.

New Poster

Unlink and re-link~

Tried to tune into season 4 of  Homeland on Apple TV ..Thats worked for me- Thanks Qwerty!!!!

New Poster

still not working with an AppleTV.

Apple TV and it's the same issue with showtime. HBO is now fine, the delinking trick worked there. I've tried unlinking the Showtime app and reconnecting and it keeps telling me I have parental restrictions blocking what I'm trying to watch (Homeland). It implies all parental controls are set from the Comcast website, but it won't update.
New Poster

Doesn't work for me. Comcast please respond.
New Poster

Have been having the same problem for months now. In the past, unlinking and relinking would work, but it is not at the moment. The idea that that was an acceptable solution is pretty ridiculous in the first place. Comcast please take some initiative and respond to your customers complaints. My friend has U-Verse and has never had this problem. I am thinking of switching.
New Poster

Same issue as descibed above- reset of Apple TV solved issue.  On Apple remote, press menu and down keys simultaneously for a few seconds until white indicator light on Apple TV unit begins to flash rapidly.  Apple TV will restart/reboot and it should be working correctly.  Worked for me. 

New Poster

Don't know about HBO, which I haven't yet tried to fix, but deleting the showtime app and then reinstalling it on my ipad worked for me.  You need to know your comcast username and login to reconnect Showtime to your xfinity account, so be prepared.  Then start up the show (Homeland in my case too) on ipad or iphone, and stop it.  Then it;s back to the TV:  exit apple TV, re-enter it, and choose Homeland (or whatever) again.  It asks if you want to resume or restart.  I resumed and ... voila.  Now, on to HBO....  Comcast claims this is a Showtime problem but if that's the case why is HBO doing the same thing?  I'm hoping the process will work for HBO too. 

New Poster

I had this same problem.  Showtime Anytime working one day and the next day it was giving me the parental controls error message.  Same error on multiple Apple TVs and iPad.  No parental controls set on Showtime app or on Comcast account.  Unlinking and re-linking did not work.  After the normal challenges with Comcast's front line (e.g. one guy that rebooted my cable box, confirmed that it didn't work, then forwarded me to someone else who told me it was an app issue and forwarded me to someone else) I finally got to the right group.  Don't speak with the normal folks at Comcast, they are not equiped to deal with these types of issues.  Ask to be transfered to the app support group (or technical services).  A guy named Paul in that group was able to figure it out and get things working.  Reference the case for Mr. Bill.

Comcast - please document the solution to my case and post to the forum so there is a documented solution.  It will save your customers a lot of frustration and your call center a lot of calls.

Now.............back to the final 3 episodes of Californication.

Contributor

If you really think comcast will post the fix, you are new here.
Please benefit those who are not getting results using other posts/fixes by reporting what Paul told you to do.
It'd be kinder than making already irritated comcast customers go through the 800-comcast menu to hope to find a techie who knows about Mr Bill.
If it's simple enough for a comcast employee to understand, it shouldn't be difficult to spell it out.
New Poster

Why is Comcast not responding directly with a solution? We pay enough for this service that it should work correctly....

Contributor

Responding with a fix would be admitting they have the problem.
It took weeks for them to admit to a lip sync problem with the new X1 box.
They haven't fixed it, but quietly call it a "known issue".
Here's my favorite part, they will not make a billing adjustment until the problem is resolved!
If they never fx it...???

New Poster

FUUUUUUUCK YOU XFINITY

New Poster

GUYS, I FIGURED IT OUT.

After all sorts of troubleshooting, I finally decided to climb the Comcast phone tree, at least to bring this issue to light. Ended up speaking to three tiers of technical support (big ups to y'all w/ a special shoutout to Robert) and the problem was finally resolved by resetting the parental controls via "master settings" on our TV/cable box.

To be clear, Comcast customer service still infuriates me, but the folks who go off script are pleasant and helpful. Or perhaps my expectations were just dirt low. In any case, hope this helps out the next person.

Contributor

Isn't it sad what subscribers must go through with this outfit?
They deny, deny, deny hoping we will tire of the game they play and quit bugging them.
There is no SHO-Anytime problem, sir, but try this, or this just in case there's something wrong on your end...all the time knowing it's their problem.

I have just spent two months arguing with Comcast about a voice sync problem I am experiencing with a new X1 box and a new 60" VIZIO tv.
Reset the box; use a different hdmi cable, try still another hdmi cable, use component video connection (no component connection on my X1), ad nauseum.
Vizio offered to replace the tv in my home at no cost after I had two differnt Comcast tech house calls that did nothing -- even though VIZIO wás sure it wasn't their problem.
Comcast said they might make an adjustment after the problem was resolved!
Then out of the blue I get a call from Comcast telling me there might be a software fix coming to the X1 lby November 17.
Fixing what?...I asked, as Comcast denied a voice sync problem existed and certainly didn't share it with their own service guys.
"Oh it's been a known issue nation-wide since last year, but a fix may be on the way!!!"

$2,000 a year for this aggravation? How I wish I could do without their superior internet speeds.
New Poster

Thank you so much for this post. You deserve several months of free programming.

New Poster

I've had to deal with issue several times since my original post! I've fixed it each time by logging into the Showtime Anytime website on my desktop or laptop. My guess is this a is a way that your device is re authorized periodically to prevent unauthorized use. My devices are the apple tv2 and xbox360.
New Poster

Xbox One Showtime Anytime Parental Controls

Ive been binge watching Dexter.  I just tried to start the last episode and it now tells me my parental controls dont allow it.  On the showtime anytime app it says movies and tv shows are both unrestricted.  Its been working for the last few days but now on the very last episode its stopped.  Ive even tried to go back and run previous episodes and those dont work either.  Any ideas?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats