Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Show restarts constantly in the middle, takes one hour to watch 30 min shows

New Poster

Show restarts constantly in the middle, takes one hour to watch 30 min shows

When I try to watch a show online (using chrome on my macbook), it plays for 5 minutes, or less, and then the show freezes and restarts from the beginning. If it is a show that is "in-home only" (which I have another problem with, xfinity should not do this!) I have to close the tab multiple times until I can skip ahead to where I left off. Then, I have to watch the commercials all over again. It takes me one hour to watch a show that is 30 minutes because of this. Ridiculous! Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem? 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Show restarts constantly in the middle, takes one hour to watch 30 min shows

How reliable is your network connection? Being a MacBook, I assume it is WiFi? Do you have any issues with other streaming services?

As for InHome, that is more of an issue with the networks and media companies than Comcast. Some only want the streaming to be a variation of using your cable box, and to only travel over Comcast networks, so they are tied to your Internet service information. Even on some that offer both, there may be different royalty fees and even inserted commercials and other payments between InHome and TVGo.

New Poster

Re: Show restarts constantly in the middle, takes one hour to watch 30 min shows

I never have any issues with any other services: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, or when watching a show directly from the channel's website. It is just Comcast. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation