Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Show descriptions not showing on iPad app

Regular Contributor

Show descriptions not showing on iPad app

For the past couple of days about half the shows on the TV listing, using iPad, show no description of the show or movie, just blank space.

So far I have deleted the Xfinity app, shut the iPad, 3rd generation, down, restarted and reinstalled the Xfinity app and no change.  About half the shows and moving have no description.  

The channel listing also shows duplicate channels for 667 and 669, no idea if that's related to above issue.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Show descriptions not showing on iPad app

douglashh wrote:

For the past couple of days about half the shows on the TV listing, using iPad, show no description of the show or movie, just blank space.

So far I have deleted the Xfinity app, shut the iPad, 3rd generation, down, restarted and reinstalled the Xfinity app and no change.  About half the shows and moving have no description.  

The channel listing also shows duplicate channels for 667 and 669, no idea if that's related to above issue.

What is your zip code and service area?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I live in Seattle, zip code 98199

Official Employee

douglashh wrote:

I live in Seattle, zip code 98199

Try re-entering your zip code and service area and then try again. Even if your zip code and service area are correct, please select them again.

If the problem still occurring, please do not use the Comcast Recommend listings and enter your zip code and service area manually.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

My iPad is now set to Seattle Digital which comes up when I entered my zip code and set it manually.  Doesn't appear to make any difference.  About half of the listings show no program descriptions.

Silver Problem Solver

can you post a screen shot of this?

Regular Contributor

Here is a screenshot. This is how about 1/3 to 1/2 of the channels show up when I chose one.  It varies from channel to channel. If I sign out and then sign back in a channel that was previous like this will show the description but other channels will show like this. It's rather frustrating.

Silver Problem Solver

Ok i Just went and got my ipad and went into the app and then to tv listings.  you are correct some of the shows show no listings while some do.   I really never noticed this as I don't use my ipad to view whats on I use my box guide.  I usually only use the app to watch on demand shows.  So it looks like that is how it is for me also.  This might just be how it is.

Regular Contributor

Until a few days ago when I posted my issue almost all of the channels showed a description of what the show was about.  I've been using the Xfinity app since May when I got my iPad and it has always showed the channel description until I posted here.

The change in behavior is why I posted here.

Silver Problem Solver

can you give some of the show descriptions that are not showing.  I noticed that mostly for seial shows, like seinfeld, or friends the description is always there.  For other shows not. 

Regular Contributor

These are the channels with no descriptions from my favorites list:

68, 109, 112, 204, 517, 518, 543, 550, 620, 647, 654, 660, 663, 667 668, 669, 670, 671, 673, 674, 675, 676, 694

These are only the ones from my favorites list NOT the full channel list. I didn't have time to go through the entire channel line up.

Silver Problem Solver

those are channels and comcast channels vary by region, can you post two particular shows you see this happening with and the network.  I will check on mine also.  Also many others have posted the same thing that the descriptions of the shows are not there. 

Regular Contributor

I spoke with National Tech Support this afternoon.  They said they are aware of the problem in Oregan and that it may be occuring elsewhere, like Washington, where I live, as well.  They have engineers looking into and working on the issue.  They are supposed to call me back later today or in the next day or two.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation