Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Should I get a tech out?

ANSWERED
Contributor

Should I get a tech out?

Since Friday I've had issues w/my receiver box--RDK-03030, RDK-03033, the box is moving slow. I replaced the remote batteries, unplugged box, sent system refresh along with signal, it comes up and then next day happens again.  Today I called comcast and she sent a signal and the box is ok now, but I'm afraid this will happen again.  She said bring box in and swipe it at a store, however is this more a tech issue? Should I get a tech to come out, if so how? Because everytime I call comcast they act like sending a tech is last thing they want to do. I dont want to waste my time swiping a box if it is a signal issue, please help!

Accepted Solution

Re: Should I get a tech out?

Thanks, how would I go about getting a tech out? Just call and demand one? Seem everytime I call they want to troubleshoot the box again. 

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

Have you tried resetting your router?

Official Employee

You should get a tech out, everything that can be checked remotely, looks good. Your modem has nothing to do with the X1 platform.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks, how would I go about getting a tech out? Just call and demand one? Seem everytime I call they want to troubleshoot the box again. 

Contributor

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation