Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Shockwave flash version 24.0 r0 IS the most recent.

Contributor

Shockwave flash version 24.0 r0 IS the most recent.

firefox version 50.1.0 with Shockwave flash version 24.0 r0 installed 01/11/2016, showing a last updated date of 12/16/2016. Clicking tv icon on http://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust gets the following:

Flash compatibility issue

XFINITY® TV requires a more recent version of Flash.

Please update to the latest version of Flash and ensure your browser is Flash compatible.

Download the latest version of Flash

This has never worked since the latest website upgrade by xfinity/comcast regardless of firefox/flash versions. This occurs in spite of following the instructions in the link.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Shockwave flash version 24.0 r0 IS the most recent.

Same here. I have the newest 24.0.0.194 version. But oddly, after a bit, it worked. I'm not sure if it's because I then tested the MS Edge browser, which worked. Then suddenly the Firefox copy, which was still open in a separate tab, popped up and was working.

Contributor

Sounds like Adobe needs to fix Flash player.   Thanks for the info.  I'll try something similar with Chrome.

Silver Problem Solver

It's still working with Firefox today. Maybe just a glitch yesterday, or it had to refresh some cookie or something that took too long and was interpreted as the wrong Flash version.

Contributor

MycroftXX wrote:

Sounds like Adobe needs to fix Flash player.   Thanks for the info.  I'll try something similar with Chrome.

the site they replaced did not require Flash at all, and had MANY other useful features that were removed.

Official Employee

datsunrobbie wrote:

MycroftXX wrote:

the site they replaced did not require Flash at all, and had MANY other useful features that were removed.

The former TV Go website also used Flash for video playback and DRM (Digital Rights Management). Years ago it used Silverlight until Microsoft stopped supporting it around 2013.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

The real question is: Why is it still using Flash? You REALLY need to get it updated to HTML5. More and more browsers are starting to block Flash by default. Edge will restrict it to a whitelist of certain sites. All it takes is for a minor update on your site that maybe alters a URL and suddenly people will be blocked from using it until the whitelist is updated.

Official Employee

andyross wrote:

The real question is: Why is it still using Flash? You REALLY need to get it updated to HTML5. More and more browsers are starting to block Flash by default. Edge will restrict it to a whitelist of certain sites. All it takes is for a minor update on your site that maybe alters a URL and suddenly people will be blocked from using it until the whitelist is updated.

The website is HTML5, select "View Source" in your browser to verify. The video playback is protected by Adobe Primetime DRM which is very common. Because this is related to our content security systems, I can't get into detail on our current implementation or future plans. I appologize and hope you understand. We are well aware of the limitations of Flash but that is all I can say.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

Topic now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation