Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Shockwave Flash Crash - Mac

Regular Visitor

Shockwave Flash Crash - Mac

For the past week when trying to play back video in my watchlist, I get a Shockwave Flash Crash - Reload error. I use Google Chrome. I tried using Safari (I have the lasted version of Safari) but I get a Plugin Failed Error, again, I had no trouble prior to this past week.

I've tried unistalling both Adobe Flash and Shockwave and reinstalling and updating my operating system, but nothing works.

My operating system is:

OSX Yosemite 10.10.4

MacBook Pro

Intel HD Graphics

Any suggestions on how to proceed? I've been streaming Xfinity Videos for about a year with no problems until the last week and I've exhausted limited resources. I can stream video on Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu without any trouble.

Thanks,

Michelle

Regular Visitor

Re: Shockwave Flash Crash - Mac

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm very frustrated - have tried all suggestions I've found regarding Shockwave failures but nothing works. Since I have no issues streaming video from any other service, I'm sure this is a Comcast issue.

New Poster

I don't have suggestions but I can confirm the same problem. I tried switching internet browsers from safari to chrome as well and still get the same error. I wouldn't care that much except that the issue doesnt go away. I try reloading, quitting and restarting, then eventually give up. Its definitely a comcast issue because my streaming of other sites works fine. And this only happens on my mac, not on my PC laptop. 

Regular Visitor

anyone fix this ... same issue here

New Poster

i have an acer chromebook and i am having the same problem. for the past 8 months i have seen the shockwave flash crashed maybe once every couple of days. now for the past few days i can't even watch a show it crashes in the first few seconds. i even went to geek squad. they said there is nothing wrong with my chromebook, and they tried videos on other websites and it worked without problems. so it it definetly an xfinity problem. geek squad actually told me that xfinity is the only people that still use shockwave and that shockwave is being fazed out because of the crashing problems!

so come on xfinity.... update already and get rid of shockwave!!!

New Poster

I am having the same issue on both of my macs. Everything was fine on Sunday, then yesterday when I tried streaming I got the Shockwave Flash has crashed message in Chrome and plug-in failure on Safari. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash and have checked all of my plug-ins and streaming extensions. I was using a different mac to stream for a couple of hours today and things were fine when all of a sudden, halfway thru a show, I got the same error. I am not having this issue with any other site.

New Poster

Mine has been doing the same thing for a week. I've tried using different browsers, different Macs, unintalls, re-installs, plugin configurations...nothing it working and its only an issue when using Xfinity TV online.

Frequent Visitor

Count me as another--have macbook pro and tried firefox and chrome in addition and still get a crash during repla. Never happens during the ads, they play like clockwork, and they are flawless. The stream of the tv show, is choppy and the audio lags on Chrome. Using recent versions of browsers and plugins are updated but it still happens. VERY frustrating. If the tv playback wasn't worse, with the ridiculous user interface that forgets where I left off and is the clunkiest thing I have seen since video games from the 80s, I would use the TV. But I'm trying to find out how the season ended on Mr Robot and wouldn't you know it, it's not possible using Comcast's own TV On Demand features or on the Xfinity online.

C'mon. We're going to switch over to Amazon, Hulu, and (gulp) Apple and leave your sorry programming if you don't get it together. Seriously.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation