Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Share app: delete "Recorded Streams" from "My Albums"

New Poster

Share app: delete "Recorded Streams" from "My Albums"

I just subscribed to X1 service and was delighted to learn about the Xfinity Share app. In trying to figure out why nothing was appearing on my TV no matter what I do, I created several junk livestream videos that are stored under "Recorded Streams" in the "My Albums" category. It turns out that the Share app would not stream to my TV because I do not have the required DVR box.

However, it seems that my junk videos are still being stored in the cloud, under the "Recorded Streams" album I described earlier. This album does not appear under "Activity Feed" or "Shared With Me". Whenever I attempt to share something from my camera roll, I can delete it later, but there is no apparent way to delete the videos. Please help?

I am running Xfinity Share on an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.4.1.

xshare1.jpg
xshare2.jpg
Service Expert
Moved:

Re: Share app: delete "Recorded Streams" from "My Albums"

Post Removed. Violation of Forum Posting Guidelines. Bumping: Bumping refers to making a post for the sole purpose of bringing a thread to the top of the list. This may also involve bumping an older thread that is no longer relevant. Bumping old threads is typically frowned upon and should be avoided.

Problem Solver

Re: Share app: delete "Recorded Streams" from "My Albums"

I don't have the iOS app, but on Android this is how I delete.  I would think it works the same. Go to the "Activity Feed" tab. Press and hold the video you want to delete. You should get a popup asking if you are sure you want to delete. Press OK and the file should delete.  If you don't get the popup, but rather the Stream Detail page, then you most likely didn't press and hold.

My video still showed in the My Albums tab, until I refreshed the page by dragging down on the screen. Not sure how it will work in iOS.  Good Luck.

EDIT: I just read your whole post again and see that the files don't exist under Activity Feed.  That would make this a problem. Sorry.

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app to see if the files will go away?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation