Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Secondary boxes On-Demand Watch function and fast forward not working properly

Regular Visitor

Secondary boxes On-Demand Watch function and fast forward not working properly

I upgraded to the new smaller boxes for 2 rooms to work with the voice remotes.  The main box On-Demand works perfectly fine.  The fast forward functions (30 second skip to skip over commercials or fast forward through content) work just fine on the main box.  It also worked fine on the older set top boxes in the other 2 rooms.  

There are various network shows (on channels like A&E, etc) that are available on the main box but when we go to the other room to watch an episode, random episodes are only available to BUY for 2.99 for that episode (it may only be 1 episode out of 8).  Additionally, the fast forward and 30-second skip will not work for any of the secondary boxes now that I have these new boxes installed.  We have tried resetting them and it does not work.

Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Service Expert

Re: Secondary boxes On-Demand Watcg function and fast forward not working properly

mjeckenwiler wrote:

I upgraded to the new smaller boxes for 2 rooms to work with the voice remotes.  The main box On-Demand works perfectly fine.  The fast forward functions (30 second skip to skip over commercials or fast forward through content) work just fine on the main box.  It also worked fine on the older set top boxes in the other 2 rooms.  

There are various network shows (on channels like A&E, etc) that are available on the main box but when we go to the other room to watch an episode, random episodes are only available to BUY for 2.99 for that episode (it may only be 1 episode out of 8).  Additionally, the fast forward and 30-second skip will not work for any of the secondary boxes now that I have these new boxes installed.  We have tried resetting them and it does not work.

Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Would you give the model numbers of your equipment? Hopefully you have an XG1 (DVR) and an XG2 (Hub companion with extra 3 tuners available for other companion set top boxes), and 1 XiD companion box. They work with the DVR by communicating over the coax cables in your home using a signalling method called MoCA. If the MoCA is working you really can't tell the difference in the use of the set top boxes. All will have the same features and access to the same recordings in the home. You might call in to 800-Comcast and select Cable and ask the representative to run their Interactive Troubleshooting Einstein system. They may see there is a communication or signal problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Secondary boxes On-Demand Watcg function and fast forward not working properly

I have an XG1- A DVR and then the only other two things I have are 2 remote boxes in 2 separate rooms say model: PX032ANI.  I also have a modem for internet and phone.  All of my DVR'd shows are available but my issue is when trying to watch certain episodes through On-Demand.  They should be free and available (they are on the XG1), but some episodes ask for a purchase on the other smaller hubs.  The fast forward through commercials feature also does not work on the hubs but do on the XG1.

Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hi, mjeckenwiler - Could you please provide names/episodes of these shows? The On Demand selection on your main box is slightly different from companion boxes selection. Your main box communicates with the headend via coax cable connection, while your companion boxes have an IP based connection. Basically, your companion box has the same On Demand selection as our XFINITY Stream TV web site has.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Below Deck S5 Ep7 only -- all other episoes from S5 are available FREE.   I can't remember the other episode (s) as it has been a little while and appears to be random.  The fast forward function does not work for ANY ON-DEMAND programs fast forwarding through the commercials.  

Official Employee

@mjeckenwiler - Thank you for the information. Could you please check if S5 Ep7 is free on XFINITY Stream web site? Some shows have FF feature disabled, could you please give me 2-3 examples? And per my understanding, the main box has no issues with FF for the same shows, correct? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

It is available on the web streaming site for free.   The commercials are not skippable on the website but I don't really care as I do not use my computer to watch content.   I am not sure of other examples at this time however, all shows On-Demand on my secondary boxes will not allow me to skip through the commercials.  My main box will allow it and it is REALLY frustrating to wait to watch something on ON-DEMAND on the secondary boxes and have to sit through all of the commercials.   As I have stated, I did not have this issue until "upgrading" to these new boxes.  

Service Expert

mjeckenwiler wrote:

It is available on the web streaming site for free.   The commercials are not skippable on the website but I don't really care as I do not use my computer to watch content.   I am not sure of other examples at this time however, all shows On-Demand on my secondary boxes will not allow me to skip through the commercials.  My main box will allow it and it is REALLY frustrating to wait to watch something on ON-DEMAND on the secondary boxes and have to sit through all of the commercials.   As I have stated, I did not have this issue until "upgrading" to these new boxes.  

You get a notice when watching On-Demand programming that says Fast forward may not be supported during this program. In practice, I've been able to rewind/fastforward the programming but never the commercials. If you have the DVR service you can record programs (if it is a current on the air series) and fastforward through the commercials if you wish.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Mjeckenwiler, try using PGup and PGdown instead of fast forward and rewind

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

@mjeckenwiler - I checked the Below Deck S5 Ep7,  it does give an option "Ways to Watch" with "Free HD/SD" for Bravo subscribers and "Buy" for Universal; S5 Ep6 just gives an option to "Watch". If you something different on your companion box, please send me a photo/screenshot, I will need it for further escalation. For XOD FF/RW I need the exact episode of any show you are having issues with for testing purposes and for an escalation if needed. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation