Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Searching for On Demand Content Impossible

Contributor

Searching for On Demand Content Impossible

Through both the TV remote and tv.xfinity website, searching for "On Demand" content is virtually impossible:

• "Browse" on the Website and "On Demand" on the TV simply gives a list of icons. There is no way to search for a title or other content within the results. The only option is to supply extremely limited filters. How about minimally providing a custom filter where one could enter text?
  • "Search" on either the Website or "On Demand" simply returns a list of programs with the search term. There is no way to search for only "on demand" or "watch" content within the results. The only option is to click on each result as to see if it is available to watch now.

The X1 capabilities are far more limiting than the non-X1 features I had last year prior to them taking them away from me.

Official Employee

Re: Searching for On Demand Content Impossible

Hi FixService, there is an on demand section on the website. Please login to your account and then click the TV icon at the top right corner of the screen. Once you do that you will have the option to click "on demand" and that's where you will see all of your content. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you  ComcastAmir for your response, but nope, there is no "on demand"  on tv.xfinity.com. See the photo for what I get after clicking the TV icon . I think the "browse" on the website is roughtly the same as "on demand" on a TV.  The annoying thing with the search is I can't just search for program that are "on demand". Also, on the TV search will include some, but not all, of my recorded programs in the search results. I have not been able to figure out what the algorithm is. The filters under "browse" and "on demand" are pretty worthless for the kind of programming I want to look for. The old "Manage your DVR" and "watch online" or what ever the pre-X1 functionality  that was there a year ago was much more useable for me.

TViconNoOnDemand.jpegNo "on demand", "browse" instead.

Official Employee

This may be due to the way TV shows are grouped by title, season, and then individual episodes. The search results will usually include recently DVR'd programs if they're available for streaming or download. I'll pass along your feedback regarding our browse and search functions/filters. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation