Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

S5 E3 Game of Thrones is wrong episode

New Poster

S5 E3 Game of Thrones is wrong episode

The Season 5 Episode 3 of game of the thrones on hbo on demand is the wrong episode, how to I get to the correct S5 E3 episode? High sparrow?
Regular Visitor

Re: Game of Thrones, Season 5, Episode 3 - Missing

Watched season 5 ep 3 of GOT and nothing made sense....it was the wrong episode in the wrong place. Where is ep3?

Regular Visitor

Re: S5 E3 Game of Thrones is wrong episode

Having the same issue. Please address!

New Poster

The episode is incorrectly labeled and it isn't episode 3 it seems more like episode 4.
New Poster

Yes it's really episode 10! So mislabeled. I checked episode 10 and it is also episode 10. Help!!!!
Administrator
Administrator

Can you provide more details regarding this? Is it happening on your box, do you have X1 or an older box, have you tried accessing it online? I wasn't able to replicate so it could potentially be a more local or specific equipment issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

We have X1. We have not tried accessing it online.
Administrator
Administrator

Can you try accessing it online? The reason I need to know if it works or not is in order to direct this to the right group. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Yes it also just happened to me. I am forever scarred and ruined. HBO will pay for this. It has ruined my Game Of Thrones experience forever.
New Poster

Online it is the correct episode!
New Poster

This is very frustrating. How do we get this fixed?
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for confirming @4timmens . I am having this looked into. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Administrator
Administrator

Just as an update, I merged all comments of customers that just started having this issue recently to better track and inform everyone. This is currently being looked into, but for anyone interested in watching the episode now, you can do it on tv.xfinity.com as others have confirmed the correct episode is available online. I will update this once I know more. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

We have the same problem. It appeara to be available but we were half way through when we realized we had missed an entire episode and had no idea whatbwas going on!!! Its like they put episode 4 where episode 3 is supposed to be.
New Poster

Same here!!!!
New Poster

We have a brand new box with no other issues.
New Poster

same problem here. Very frustrating. Portland, Oregon (if that makes a diff)
New Poster

Just wanted to add - happened to me. Completely ruined the entire season.  Can't unsee the season finale. Thanks. 

New Poster

Happened here. Bucks County, PA, Levittown. 

New Poster

I can confirm this is happening in zip 48356 with X1 service

New Poster

Same thing happened to us last night in Bucks County, PA.  We watched S5 Episode 2 and went right into S5 Episode 3.  Nothing made sense.  We skipped the "Previously on Game of Thrones" at the beginning of Episode 3 because we had just watched Ep 2.  But when we went back to the beginning of Ep 3 and watched "Previously. . ." we realized we missed so much story line. 

I called Comcast and they "refreshed" my box (I have the most recent box installed last year), but that didn't solve it.  We then realized we had seen the Season Ending of Season 5 because of this mistake.  VERY disappointed in Comcast!  How could this have happened??

New Poster

Thanks, Francisco, but you can't ungong the bell.  Hard to believe that Comcast can't resolve this issue, or that it even occurs in the first place.  And apparently there are similar episode issues with other HBO shows On Demand.  For what Comcast is charging per month for Triple Play I find this incredible.

New Poster

Same issue here, in Colorado Springs 80907.
New Poster

Any word on this getting fixed? Also true in boston, MA. Also have x1
Frequent Visitor

Same here in Indianapolis as well. Noticed Thursday evening and still not fixed.

Rest of season 5 seems correct. Episode 3 is titled and description is correct but it's episode 10 that is playing.

New Poster

This has also just happened to me on the X1 platform in 94123, San Francisco. Extremely frustrating and disappointing. I don't pay nearly $200 a month for this nonsense. Please get this fixed immediately or I'll find a service that cares about content accuracy.
Frequent Visitor

How can you let this continue for over 72 hours after acknowledging there’s an issue?

“Game of Thrones” is HBO’s most acclaimed series since “The Sopranos” and  you’ve simply LOST an episode?

Surely someone there has a copy of S5 Ep3 that can be uploaded to its proper spot, or is it an inconvenience during the weekend…?

Your subscribers lives are being inconvenienced :\

New Poster

Just spent the last hour trying to figure w t f was going on and thought I was going nuts. Thanks Comcast! Your normal screw ups. Still is wrong episodeas of 8/20/2017. I'm in Washington and viewing through Comcast on demand on my TV! No Xbox!
New Poster

Also a problem in 31410.  Got bitten by it this afternoon.  I'll check on-line ....

GHY
New Poster

Same problem here. We have the x1.
New Poster

Yes, I noticed that today too! I thought I had skipped an episode. I had to watch it on HBO GO.
New Poster

Thank you for looking into this as I have the same problem, but offering us to watch online is an inconvenience for your subscribers and not a proper fix. Can someone at Comcast just upload the correct video for on demand so we can continue watching in sequential order? Fixing this is priority and we would all greatly appreciate it. 

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

Just as an update, I merged all comments of customers that just started having this issue recently to better track and inform everyone. This is currently being looked into, but for anyone interested in watching the episode now, you can do it on tv.xfinity.com as others have confirmed the correct episode is available online. I will update this once I know more. 

New Poster

It is hard to believe that Comcast still has not solved this issue for its viewers.  For anyone who has not yet seen Season 5 of Game of Thrones be warned:  Episode Three is really Episode 10, the Season Finale.  If you watch it in sequence you will skip the continuity string for 6 episodes.  You will have to watch Episode Three on your PC - for some reason, yet unexplained, Comcast has Season 5 in the correct order there, but not if you want to view it on your TV.  Go figure.

New Poster

This happened to me!!! Completely ruined the show for me. THE ENTIRE SHOW IS BASED ON CLIFFHANGERS AND THE SEASON FINALE IS MISLABELED AS EPISODE 3!!!!!! You can not unsee the season finale. 

New Poster

I truly cannot believe this is still a problem. How are we going to be compensated? Comcast acknowledged this was a problem 4 days ago and still not fixed today. What is the update on the fix???
New Poster

We have encountered the same issue, even after restarting our X1 box. I am discouraged to find the first post was days ago and yet the problem is not resolved. 

New Poster

Same here in Denver. REALLY frustrating. How has Comcast not fixed this yet?
New Poster

This still has not been resolved and it has been how many days??? Season 5 episode 3 is actually the season finale. Fix your glitch that we all pay $200 bucks a month for. I will not watch this online as it is an inconvenience.
New Poster

Having the same issue as well.  I was redirected here from another thread on this issue that was identified by another subscriber in 2015. Two years later and xfinity hasn't fixed it?! 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Game-of-Thrones-Season-5-Episode-3-Missing/td-p/2553695

New Poster

Same problem over here in south New Jersey. I just went through the beginnings of every S5 episode trying to figure it out, and thank god I knew of the spoilers already or I would've been so mad. Totally ruined my binge watch, very disappointing that you posted this nearly a week ago and it has yet to come to a resolution
New Poster

Having this same issue in MA. When will it be fixed?
Administrator
Administrator

If you have access to tv.xfinity.com, you should be able to watch the episode there. Several people have confirm that it is not having any issues on the website and it is only happening on X1. 

This seems to be a very isolated issue and because of it, it has been a bit hard to track down to the source. Everyone responding here, helps in getting to the bottom of this. Once I have more information I will update it here. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the same problem in Memphis; GOT Season 5 Episode 3 on HBO on Demand is the wrong episode; it is actually episode 10. They are both the same.

I know I can watch it online, but that is not convenient.

DW

New Poster

Ours is working tonight. Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

It's fixed for me too.
Now I can get back to binging
Administrator
Administrator

We are getting some confirmation that this should be resolved for everyone. Can a few more people confirm? I want to make sure this was taken cared of for you all. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

same problem also i can watch episode 6 season 3 of rick and morty online but not on tv. i have x1 and this seems to happen alot with random episodes not being available even though they're supposed to be or being switched on demand.
New Poster

Season 3, episode 1 is incorrect! My wife wants to catch up!
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats