Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Roku and Comedy Central

New Poster

Roku and Comedy Central

Why doesn't Comcast support Comedy Central on Roku? I pay for the channel as part of my service plan. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Roku and Comedy Central

It took 3+ years for Comcast to allow HBO on Roku, and it coincidentally happened soon after HBO started offering stand alone subscriptions, so I guess they got worried about losing subscribers.

At any, right now it doesn't seem too many people are asking for this, so sadly I wouldn't get my hopes up any time soon.
Admin1

alexandria_ & L0c0 -- We don't have any type of agreement with Roku with the exception of HBO and Showtime. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yep, we are aware of that Zach.  Lucky us!  Maybe 3 years from now we'll finally be able to do so, like people on other providers can already do at this very moment.

But I do appreciate your reply so we know our concern didn't go 100% unnoticed.  Thanks.

New Poster

Pls add xfinity to comedy central xbox 1 or I might have a vendetta towards comcast. Pls don't drive me crazy just do it
Regular Visitor

ComcastZach — Now that Comcast is developing a Roku channel that will serve as a portal to the X1 platform (thus obviating the need for cable boxes), wouldn't it be wise just to allow X1 customers access to Roku TV Anywhere channels such as Comedy Central or Travel Channel – especially since Comcast already allows customers with mobile devices and computers access to those channels.

Admin1

adk0557 -- I'm not sure I understand the need. Can you explain that further? What would be the need to have X1 access Roku TV Anywhere channels when X1 brings those channels in on it's own? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Why would I ever need to access to channels on my Roku (4) when I pay to rent an X1 _plus_ every channel Comcast offers?

4K: A Roku 4 can do what neither the X1 nor Comcast's broadcast channels can. Any other questions, Zach?

Admin1

Supersoni -- Yes. Where is Roku 4 mentioned in this post and what does Roku 4 have to do with the question? adk0557's question was "wouldn't it be wise just to allow X1 customers access to Roku TV Anywhere channels such as Comedy Central or Travel Channel". They're not asking about Roku 4 or accessing channels on a Roku but rather having X1 access Roku TV Anywhere. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

"Roku TV Anywhere channels such as Comedy Central or Travel Channel" means channels on Roku TV. As in a Roku TV that does not have a box rented from Comcast attached to it. You said Comcast only has deails in place with HBO and Showtime, yet the Disney and Nickelodeon channels on Roku require a login with credentials from your cable TV provider. Apparently Comedy Central does not have a similar deal in place with Comcast.

Aside from the higher quality video offered by Roku, the ability to watch programming on a TV without paying set top box rental fees would be a "need" fulfilled by being able to access Comedy Central content on a Roku owned by an X1 subscriber.

Admin1

datsunrobbie -- Perhaps this needs more clarity.

Roku's will be given the ability to access your subscribed channels through the Partnership App. There is no necessity to be an X1 subscriber to use that App.

X1 already brings in these channels. Roku will bring them in via the Partnership App. That's what lead to asking my follow up question about the need for X1 to access Roku TV Anywhere channels if it does so already.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

ComcastZach,

Where is this Partnership App? I have a TCL Roku TV and would like to access all my subscribed channels on it without having to use a set-top box. I have searched the Roku channel library, and searches for "Xfinity" and "Partnership" both return zero results.

Admin1

datsunrobbie -- Partnership App has not launch yet. You can find more information about this App and Partnership Program here: http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/comcast-seeks-partners-to-bring-xfinity-tv-cable-service...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I remember reading that back in April, and was happy to see that Comcast has stated that the app will be available this year. I look forward to seeing it before January 1. I find it puzzling that the new Xfinity TV website has gone backwards from HTML5 to Flash, considering the use of HTML5 was highlighted in the press release and was used on the site from 2011 up until this past Monday.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation