Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Requires a subscription

New Poster

Requires a subscription

I have a subscription to HBO and I can't seem to watch it on my iphone. I go on safari to log in and watch it there an it tells me to download the xfinity tv mobile app. I already have it, yet it requires me to have a subscription. My login info hasn't changed, I can watch on my computer at home, but not on my cellphone. What's the deal?
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Requires a subscription

If you have a subscription to hbo you should be able to watch it on your phone.  YOu don't go to safari.  YOu have two options you have the xfinitytv app in there if you press play now and choose hbo you should see hbo shows.  If it tells you you need a subscription that means your account at comcast is not configured properly and you need to call them.  Have you downloaded the Hbogo app?  That one is much better for hbo as it has all the series and every episode where the xfinity tv app does not.  

New Poster

Re: Requires a subscription

I figured out one of the causes of this problem.  The xfinity tv app does not work properly if the date and time setting is not correctly set up on our device.  Try fixing the date on your device and then run the app.

I called Comcast yesterday to help resolve and they didn't know about this, so hopefully someone from comcast can add a frequently asked question somewhere on their website. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation