Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Replaced DVR Box now app not working after 36 hours

Frequent Visitor

Replaced DVR Box now app not working after 36 hours

I had my HD DVR box replaced after it was determined to be defective.  I was able to sign into my app on my iphone and re-name the two capable boxes on my account.  One to downstairs and one to upstairs.  However after 36 hours, I am still not able to control either box from my iphone.  I have tried to control it from here on the comcast website, and it just gets stuck at syncing.  If I use the test function inside the Iphone app to send to one of the boxes a "test naming", it appears to send it but nothing ever shows up on the TV.  When I attempt to send it to the second box (the replaced HD DVR), it returns the error message "Request Error: An unknown error has occured during this request.  Please try again." 

Can anyone offer any help?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Replaced DVR Box now app not working after 36 hours

By the way, both boxes worked fine from the iphone app, before I had the HD DVR box go defective and get replaced.

Service Expert

WarrenFamily wrote:

By the way, both boxes worked fine from the iphone app, before I had the HD DVR box go defective and get replaced.

For giggles, try UNINSTALLING the app, then REINSTALL...

Reacquire the devices...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Already done that multiple times on multiple apple idevices.
Frequent Visitor

Already did that multiple times on multiple iPhones and iPads. All have same results as mentioned above.
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue.  Any fix for this yet?

Frequent Visitor

No nothing yet.  I guess I will have to give a shoutout to the call center.  Which is usually a frustrating effort.

Regular Contributor

If you are still having this issue, can you private message me with your Comcast ID, devices you are trying to access the app with along with the version of OS and the app version you are using.  Send along any applicable screenshots or errors.

Thanks,

Frequent Visitor

Re: Replaced DVR Box now app not working now after 4 weeks

I have private messaged you, you worked on it a bit and now have dropped me.  I call your 1-800 number and they claim to send a "refresh" signal in the next 6 hours, but still not fixed.  I go into my local store and they say call you.  Does anybody at Comcast know how to fix this or if even what is good customer service?  So tired of this lackluster perfromance.  If I done this type of stuff at my job, I would of been fired a long time ago.

New Poster

I just replaced my non-dvr box and my list of cable boxes changes each time I open the app.  I was just working with a CSR who "inadvertently" hung up on me after about half an hour.  Nice, job, Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

PeauxB, Good luck on ever getting it to work.  I just finally gave up.  I have talked till my voice was hoarse to these bunch of idiots known as "Customer Service".  It's not worth the trouble anymore.  In fact twice they have marked my issues resolved even though they have not been.  Then even had the nerve to charge me $40 for a service call to fix other issues that they broke, when replacing the DVR box.  I am done with them.  If any other issues come up, I will cancel all my services except Internet, and switch to Satelitte TV.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation