Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Remote DVR Manager

Administrator
Administrator

Remote DVR Manager

We are experiencing problems with DVR Manager. This will affect the customer's ability to manage their DVR recordings remotely using the TV Go website or the TV Remote APP.  The Comcast Development Team is aware of this issue and are working to resolve the issue.

For X1 customers with Cloud DVR technology, the XFINTIT TV app

or website (xtv.comcast.net) can be used to manage recordings remotely   

Thank You

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Neither "TV Remote" nor "My DVR" can access my DVRs

For the past several days, neither the iOS app "TV Remote" nor the web-based "My DVR" can connect to any of my 4 DVRs.

The app says "no eligible TVs" and DVR Manager says "we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

I can neither set a new recording nor show my existing recordings. This all worked fine until 2 or 3 days ago.

I suspect a Comcast server problem. Is anyone else seeing this?

Regular Contributor

Neither "DVR Manager" nor "TV Remote" can access my DVRs

For the past several days neither the iOS app "TV Remote" nor the web-based "DVR Manager" has been able to access any of my 4 (pre-X1) DVRs.

The app says "No eligible TVs." DVR Manager says "we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

I can not see my existing recordings nor can I set a new recording on any DVR using these online tools. (The DVRs work fine when controlled from via remote control.)

This was all working fine until a few days ago.

I just completed a chat session in which the agent refreshed my account. My modem rebooted but the problem remains.

I suspect a Comcast server problem. Is anyone else seeing this?

New Poster

Re: Neither "TV Remote" nor "My DVR" can access my DVRs

I am seeing the same thing. Also if I just go to TV listings and select the "My Channels" filter, no channels show up. This started yesterday afternoon. Everything seems to work at home, but can't access by DVR remotely.

Regular Contributor

I had a chat session with a Comcast agent who seemed to understand the problem. She said she would need to escalate the case and that I'd hear back from someone in 24-48 hours. That time has passed and the problem remains.

Regular Contributor

Re: Neither "DVR Manager" nor "TV Remote" can access my DVRs

It took a couple weeks, but this issue has been resolved by Comcast Support. I'm happy to report they stuck with me by phone until it was fixed.

Regular Contributor

It took a couple weeks, but my issue has been resolved by Comcast Support. I'm happy to report they stuck with me by phone until it was fixed.

Frequent Visitor

Alamo_Bob wrote:

It took a couple weeks, but this issue has been resolved by Comcast Support. I'm happy to report they stuck with me by phone until it was fixed.

Hi Bob,

How did they resolve the issue for you? I have (2) non-X1 cable boxes, for as long as I can remember, I have been able to change the channels using the Xfinity mobile apps (iPhone & iPad) and with Comcast's website on my PC, now all-of-a-sudden, the mobile apps say 'No eligible TVs' and on PC, selecting 'Watch Channel' does nothing!

I spent a good deal of time on Live Chat with Comcast Support, they escalated my issue, then days later I received a call from Xfinity Internet -they thought I was having a problem with my login, I'm not so they didn't assit me further... So my issue still remains :-(

Contributor

DVR manager will not load the "recorded" list on the webpage

Service Expert

Re: DVR manager will not load the "recorded" list on the webpage

franmiele wrote:

if you have a smart device install the xfinity TV app.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

MyDVR "Loading...."

For the last few days on the DVR Manager-Saved page, I cannot display my saved movies nor my Scheduled programming.  I just get the 'Loading' wheel, round and round.  Everything else works (schedule and record button), but I cannot see any of the actual DVR programming.  Tried on both Chrome and Firefox.

Service Expert

Re: MyDVR "Loading...."

Benhere wrote:

For the last few days on the DVR Manager-Saved page, I cannot display my saved movies nor my Scheduled programming.  I just get the 'Loading' wheel, round and round.  Everything else works (schedule and record button), but I cannot see any of the actual DVR programming.  Tried on both Chrome and Firefox.

I noticed the same issue earlier today with the DVR Manager.   Fortunately for me, I am able to access my saved recordings from the DVR through the XTV website.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you. 
******* Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with
RED lettered User Names. *******

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Benhere wrote:

I came here to see if others were having this same problem. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm seeing the same symptom: on the DVR Manager page I just get that little wheel spinning forever with the caption "loading...". It happens with all computers in my home, all running Windows XP or 7, using both Firefox 43.0.3 or IE. This has been going on since 12/31 AM if not earlier. I've tried deleting my browser caches and all pertinent cookies. Is there anything else I can do?

Service Expert

rednoise0 wrote:
I came here to see if others were having this same problem. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm seeing the same symptom: on the DVR Manager page I just get that little wheel spinning forever with the caption "loading...". It happens with all computers in my home, all running Windows XP or 7, using both Firefox 43.0.3 or IE. This has been going on since 12/31 AM if not earlier. I've tried deleting my browser caches and all pertinent cookies. Is there anything else I can do?

Nothing you can do.  Since this happened on 12/31 and is continuing into 1/1, it is probably a server communication issue and it will be repaired once the engineering team return from the holidays.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you. 
******* Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with
RED lettered User Names. *******

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

DVR Manager no longer connects

My DVR Manager is no longer pulling up my recordings. Been this way for a day now. I 've reset my cable boxes and it won't work. Any ideas?

New Poster

I am having this problem also - windows pc and android.

What is the xtv website?  Different than xfinitytv.comcast.net?

Contributor

I do appreciate the responses.  My previous posts about DVR Manager issues have gotten views but no responses, not even from Comcast.  It helps to know that this is not just my system alone.  Now if only Comcast would actually step up, respond, maybe even fix the issue.

Contributor

Online DVR Manager Hangs on Loading

All this weekend DVR Manager hangs in loading state forever and will not come up.  Iam in the Richmond VA area.  Anyone else experiencing this?  It does the same on two home PCs; so it is not a PC problem.

Thanks.

Contributor

I am experiencing this yesterday and today also in IE 11 on 2 PCs.

New Poster

DVR recordings not accessible online

Have recently upgraded to Xfnity X1 with DVR with cloud and when I go online, I cannot see most of my recordings and the TV guide does not give me access to all channels - the main networks, such as ABC, NBC etc. are missing. When I look at my recordings on the TV, they say not available for mobile viewing. I have called several times and spoken to both billing and techs and no one has been able to help me. I have searched the web and forums and done what everyone suggested, but nothing has changed. Any ideas?

Contributor

Mine will not load anything on the DVR pad no cluage. It just keeps saying "LOADING."  I called COmcast and they had no clue. It's been going on now for a couple of days.

New Poster

Re: Online DVR Manager Hangs on Loading

I live in Chicago suburbs and have same issue. I was just on phone with Comcast and cable dept told me it's an internet problem and switched me to them. Th einternet guy reset my modem thinking I had an internet problem , but i told him the internet is fine, it's just the DVR Manager keeps saying loading. I don't think he even knew what the DVR Manager was. He told me he'd check and then I got disconnected. Guess I'll see if it fixes itself later. Sounds like a sytem failure if yours is out also.

Contributor

I have the same problem in Connecticut

Regular Visitor

Im having the same problem in Michigan. The DVR Manager page just hangs on Loading. (The loading animation spins , and the DVR manager never loads.) 

Ive reset the DVR from the hardware menu. - no change

Ive also cleared my browser cookies, cache.  - no change

Reboted the computer - No change

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR recordings not accessible online

Comcast seems to be having problems with DVR Manager and related issues over the Internet. It's probably a server issue or something. Being the holiday's, everybody is probably on vacation and they are too cheap to pay them to come in and fix it before Monday at the earliest (my guess.)

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast seems to be having problems with DVR Manager and related issues over the Internet. It's probably a server issue or something. Being the holiday's, everybody is probably on vacation and they are too cheap to pay them to come in and fix it before Monday at the earliest (my guess.)

Contributor

I have found that you have to give them a courteous, but hard time until you get them to escalate you to Tier 2 support.  I did that with a TV listings problem and I got a solution.

Silver Problem Solver

Silver Problem Solver

Frequent Visitor

andyross wrote:

My question, then, is, are they aware of the issue? Does anybody official monitor these forums, or are they just a place for users to complain and comiserate among themselves?

Maybe I should make a tech suppoprt phone call. Those almost always get addressed.

Contributor

Probably not.  I started this just to see if I was alone.  Any Comcast customer can call support.  Sometimes someone from Comcast respomd, but the best way is to call support.

Regular Contributor

I spoke too soon. It's still broken. It seemed like it started working for a short time, and now I'm back where I started.

I thought that the escalation team understood my problem, but it seems the solution is just out of reach.

Regular Contributor

I spoke too soon. It's still broken. It seemed like it started working for a short time, and now I'm back where I started.

I thought the escalation team understood my problem, but it seems the solution is just out of reach.

Regular Visitor

yes. 

Somehow imagining an intern is the only guy in the server center ; who is staring at a blinking yellow light. And he dials Support. 

and they send him to tier 2. 

And eventually agree to  charge him $95 dollars to roll a truck on monday...

Frequent Visitor

Same here in Denver. Won't load. I haven't had much with Comcast support recently, so I'm hoping that it will sort itself out.

Regular Visitor

DVR Manager web page Not Loading any longer

For the past 2 days, on the DVR Manager page (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr), all I get is a white box with a spinning circle with the word "Loading" next to it. 

This used to work very well and I find it easier to use than the TV Go site (https://xtv.comcast.net/) especially for reviewing scheduled recordings and for deleting recordings.

It happens on both of my laptops. It doesn't work on any of my browsers (MS Edge, Chrome, Firefox), despite doing all the recommendations on this site and restarting the laptops.

Why has this suddenly started happening and what can I do about it?? 

Contributor

No truck in my case.  This issue and the issue I got resolved were clearly no with my equipment.  They one I got resolved was an XFIFNITY website issue.  I am just not bying the DVR issue as anything else as a website issue either.  That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Contributor

Just wondering, as I don't come here that often...does anyone at Comcast read these forums? There appears to be several threads about this DVR problem, but no response from anyone associated with Comcast,  and, as I've mentioned in previous postings, the CSRs in several departments have no clue as to what's going on, and having us reboot, delete prorams, etc., is obviously not helping any of the ongoing problems. C'mon, Comcast, get with it. 

Frequent Visitor

I agree it's a website issue. And it's not the only one I am having. On Xfinity TV Go, Watch On TV, TV Listings, the "My Channels" fiilter doesn't work---when I click on it the grid goes empty with the message "Nothing matched the filters you selected". Thus, instead of being able to see only the channels I subscribe to in a given time slot, I can see everything---including the many, many I do not subscribe to---or nothing. Which is a major inconvenience, for me at any rate. I have spent several hours on chat and on the phone with them about it, had it escalated to 2nd tier support, had two tickets created, only to finally be told that it's a known issue, and "they're working to resolve it". This was several weeks ago and it still hasn't been resolved, in my case at least. Infuriating.

Contributor

I agree that their listing are almost always wonky.  On 29 October of last year, they sent out emails that all HD channels would be in the range of 800 and above.  I still have that email.  However, when I click HD Only, the listings start with 212.  This has been going on forever.  Even the Tier 2 person who helped my did not know about that email.  This may call for the sacrificial offering of some web authors (smile!).

Frequent Visitor

rmcgann wrote:

I agree that their listing are almost always wonky.  On 29 October of last year, they sent out emails that all HD channels would be in the range of 800 and above.  I still have that email.  However, when I click HD Only, the listings start with 212.  This has been going on forever.  Even the Tier 2 person who helped my did not know about that email.  This may call for the sacrificial offering of some web authors (smile!).

Bravo. I heartily support this as a way of bringing our concerns to their attention.

New Poster

dvr online manager just loadiing

i use my computer to watch shos while hubby watches sports on the tv's. but the other day the dvr manager started this consistent loading, it was working fine until now and it wont let me intto my saved recordings or to watch them online at the website.  i use chrome and always have this is a new problem i have trued updating chrome wiht no luck.

Contributor

DVR Manager will not load online

For the past few days, I have not been able to access DVR manager online. All I get is the spinner that says "loading" and it never loads. I have made several calls but nobody has been able to resolve the issue (some of the reps seem to not even know what "DVR Manager" is. Has anyone else had this issue? Was it resolved? I have tried restarting the computer, and tried to access it on my tablet and phone. Same issue.
New Poster

They have a javascript bug in their custom code: http://screencast.com/t/Ib17tc2RI.  Someone didn't test before they deployed.

New Poster

http://screencast.com/t/Ib17tc2RI  No period.  I tested...

New Poster

Re: DVR Manager will not load online

They have a javascript bug in their custom code: http://screencast.com/t/Ib17tc2RI.  Someone didn't test before they deployed.

Regular Visitor

My dvr manager

For the last two days, my dvr manager will not load any information.  It just keeps saying "loading" but nothing happens!  Any advice?

Thanks

New Poster

when I go to check my dvrs under saved it will no longer go to the dvr. It will just keeping loading

When I ask to go to saved to check my DVR saved programs it just keeps spinning and saying loading.  This just started a coupld of days ago.

Frequent Visitor

Re: My dvr manager

Same thing for me

Regular Visitor

dvd manager looping and not loading

My dvd manager which has been working for a year no longer works.

When I hit the DVD MANAGER button it just loops for hours and won't load. 

The other watchlist and history buttons work just fine.

Anybody had this problem?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community