Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,872,843

members

739

online

28,848

topics

Top

Recordings

Frequent Visitor

Recordings

Recordings from my DVR do not show up on my I Pad in recordiings.  It says I have no recordings, when in fact I do have recordings on my DVR.  Using Xxfinity TV app.

Highlighted
Service Expert

Re: Recordings


JGCJR wrote:

Recordings from my DVR do not show up on my I Pad in recordiings.  It says I have no recordings, when in fact I do have recordings on my DVR.  Using Xxfinity TV app.


Recordings from your DVR are only availablein CLOUD enabled markets... it is ionly available in select markets at this time iand has not been rolled out nationally.   Additionally, only those recordingsd made AFTER your cloud has been anabled will be available from the cloud...  your existing DVR recordings on the box are not available to the APP... 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Recordings

Cloud is enabled in my area and recordings are scheduled everyday.  Still no recordings show up on I-Pad.

Problem Solver

Re: Recordings

Have you ever had recordings show up in the app?  How long have you been using the app?  You said that Cloud is enabled in your area, but are you sure it is enabled on your account?

 

I'm asking these question to see if you share the same problem as myself (I actually lose random recordings from my schedule), or you just haven't had your account set up correctly yet, or setup recently as stated by geek46 in the post above.

 


JGCJR wrote:

Cloud is enabled in my area and recordings are scheduled everyday.  Still no recordings show up on I-Pad.


 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Recordings

Talked to someone from Comcast yesterday.  They said the cloud was enabled in my account.  They are sending the problem to someone in tier 2 technical and they should get back to me within 48 to 72 hours.  I started using the app in December of 2014.  It worked perfectly up until June or so.  I have called Comcast numerous times without any solutions.  Most of the time they have no idea and keep passing me on to another department.  I am feeling that something is not set up correctly with the cloud.  The person I spoke to yesterday at least seemed to have a little knowledge on the subject.  I can watch live shows with the app.  It just shows no recordings or scheduled recordings. 

 

Thanks

 

Problem Solver

Re: Recordings

You still didn't answer one of the questions I asked.  Were you ever able to view recordings in the app, since you said you have been using the app since Dec 2014?

 

Also, does the app let you set recordings from the guide?  If you go into the guide on the app and choose a show, do you see an option to "Record" that show?  If you can pick "Record", do you see that show in your "Scheduled" recordings list?

 


JGCJR wrote:

Talked to someone from Comcast yesterday.  They said the cloud was enabled in my account.  They are sending the problem to someone in tier 2 technical and they should get back to me within 48 to 72 hours.  I started using the app in December of 2014.  It worked perfectly up until June or so.  I have called Comcast numerous times without any solutions.  Most of the time they have no idea and keep passing me on to another department.  I am feeling that something is not set up correctly with the cloud.  The person I spoke to yesterday at least seemed to have a little knowledge on the subject.  I can watch live shows with the app.  It just shows no recordings or scheduled recordings. 

 

Thanks

 


 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Recordings

I was able to watch recordings, see all recordings on DVR and download and return to DVR when finished.  When I go to guide and press a channel (on I-Pad) it shows a picture of the show but there are no options.  It is just blank where there should be options.  I do recall that when I was able to watch the recordings, then when I pressed a channel on the guide it used to have various options.

Problem Solver

Re: Recordings

Sorry if I'm being a pain asking all these questions.  So you don't see anything like this when you choose a show from the guide?

 

Screenshot_2015-08-17-10-10-14.png

 Can you even still watch live TV through the app?

 

Since you said it all worked previously, I would suggest you call Comcast again, but try to speak to BIlling department directly, and tell them you believe your rate codes for Cloud DVR were somehow removed on your account and you want them added back in.  I hope that will help.  Just trying to get a human in billing while going through the voice prompts can be a pain.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 366 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation