Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Recordings disappearing off DVR

ANSWERED
New Poster

Recordings disappearing off DVR

For the past two weeks, my DVR will look as though it is recording my selected shows. However, within an hour after the recording ends, the recording will disappear from my saved recordings list.

Randomly, perhaps one show a week will generally stay recorded. But, then the next "recorded" show will disappear.

I do have a lot of recordings on my DVR (it is at about 92% full). I have tried restarting and performing a system refresh on multiple occasions, but they have not worked.
Accepted Solution

Re: Recordings disappearing off DVR

Another wrinkle to this issue...my recordings seem to be saved on the DVR for about an hour before they disappear. As an experiment, I watched part of one of those "saved" recordings and then turned it off. When I tried to return to it a few minutes later, it was off my saved recordings list and when I attempted to retrieve it using the "last" button on my remote, I received an XRE-06014 error.
View answer in context
Service Expert

Gena712 wrote:
For the past two weeks, my DVR will look as though it is recording my selected shows. However, within an hour after the recording ends, the recording will disappear from my saved recordings list.

Randomly, perhaps one show a week will generally stay recorded. But, then the next "recorded" show will disappear.

I do have a lot of recordings on my DVR (it is at about 92% full). I have tried restarting and performing a system refresh on multiple occasions, but they have not worked.

on a different thread Comcast said it was a data center issue and that new recordings are routed away from it now and seems to have fixed problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Another wrinkle to this issue...my recordings seem to be saved on the DVR for about an hour before they disappear. As an experiment, I watched part of one of those "saved" recordings and then turned it off. When I tried to return to it a few minutes later, it was off my saved recordings list and when I attempted to retrieve it using the "last" button on my remote, I received an XRE-06014 error.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation