Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

***Record a Program***

New Poster

***Record a Program***

How can I record a program through Xfinity website?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: ***Record a Program***

mpgenesis2 wrote:

How can I record a program through Xfinity website?

If you have x1 service with cloud storage you click on a show then record, without x1 or cloud you can't on the web site.

See first post for FAQ here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

See a summary of changes here:
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

Send your concerns here ecare@comcast.com and use the feedback button on the listings page

New Poster

Sorry for my ignorance but what's X1? If you are referring to Xfinity Box HD DVR, then yes, I do have that service... Thank You

Bronze Problem Solver

mpgenesis2 wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance but what's X1? If you are referring to Xfinity Box HD DVR, then yes, I do have that service... Thank You

The only way I can prove I have X1 is when I power cycle the box, during the reboot process it eventually says "Welcome to the X1 Experience".

New Poster

Yeap, same here, that's the one that I have, X1

Bronze Problem Solver

mpgenesis2 wrote:

Yeap, same here, that's the one that I have, X1

Ok, if you go here: https://tv.xfinity.com/ and click on Saved if you only see Purchased, your account doesn't have cloud storage enabled. To enable, you need to contact comcast and ask them to add it, it doesn't cost anything.

Untitled.jpg

New Poster

100% Sure that it doesn't cost anything? Comcast is a Ripoff Always

Bronze Problem Solver

mpgenesis2 wrote:

100% Sure that it doesn't cost anything? Comcast is a Ripoff Always

So far its been free. Ask when you're talking with them.

New Poster

Thanks...

New Poster

Thank you for waiting. I truly appreciate your patience.
  • Kristin
  • 10:47AM
I see here that your current main box is an Anyroom DVR.
  • Kristin
And in order for you to access your recordings online, you need to have a Cloud DVR registered on your account.
  • Kristin
Cloud DVR is for $10.00/month but we do have a promotional rate of $7.99/month.
  • ERIC
  • 10:50AM
With the old TV Guide interface I could access my DVR just fine.... I have never paid extra to schedule my recordings.
  • Kristin
  • 10:53AM
I apologize but there are updates with regard to the TV Portal. I have successfully sent the documents through your email.
  • Kristin
  • 10:53AM
To assist you further with the online recordings, let me transfer you to our Internet Team on chat.
  • Kristin
  • 10:54AM
Shall we proceed?
  • ERIC
  • 10:56AM
No, I don't want to pay $10 a month (or even $8) to schedule a recording via the Online TV Guide. That's absurd!
  • Kristin
  • 10:58AM
I understand. But in order for you to access the DVR online, you need to have the Cloud technology registered on your account.
  • ERIC
  • 10:59AM
I could schedule stuff before the New ONline Guide. Give me back the old TV Guide.
  • Kristin
  • 11:01AM
I apologize Eric but Comcast is in the process of merging the functionality of its various mobile apps into one uniform XFINITY TV app in order to create a more seamless customer experience. As a result, the XFINITY TV app is replacing the XFINITY TV Go app. You'll have fewer apps, but even more content
  • Kristin
  • 11:01AM
I hope you understand that these changes are for the convenience of all our customers.
  • ERIC
  • 11:04AM
That would sound a lot more noble if you weren't trying to get another $10 a month out of each customer.
  • Kristin
  • 11:07AM
I am sorry Eric. I was just providing you options if you opt to upgrade your device. This is just for informational purposes. It is not my intention to add charges on your account.
  • Kristin
  • 11:08AM
Here is your reference number for this chat xxxxxx
  • ERIC
  • 11:09AM

The facts are you are taking functionality away and charging more money to get them back. Horrible.
  • Kristin
  • 11:11AM
Eric, I am sorry if you took it the wrong way. The apps are for free and there will be no charges if there are changes. The Cloud DVR rates I have provided you earlier was just a reference if you decide to upgrade your DVR with more recordings features.
  • Kristin
  • 11:13AM
If you need more reference, please feel free to visit us at customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support and click on XFINITY TV for assistance in troubleshooting. There are variety of help articles you can choose from, and the steps are surprisingly easy to follow.
  • ERIC
  • 11:16AM
I just took it the way you explained it. Comcast has taken the ability to schedule recording from the web app away until I pay the $10 a month for Cloud DVR.
Bronze Problem Solver

Since you have Anyroom DVR and not X1 cloud storage is probably a charge. If you power cycle your dvr does it ever say "Welcome to the X1 Experience" during the startup process? Even if you added cloud to your account with Anyroom DVR, I don't believe that managing your DVR from the web would work. Everything comcast says about the new site is that X1 service is required. Once again, I don't think the rep you were chatting with knows what they're talking about.

Service Expert

m.venanzi wrote:

Since you have Anyroom DVR and not X1 cloud storage is probably a charge. If you power cycle your dvr does it ever say "Welcome to the X1 Experience" during the startup process? Even if you added cloud to your account with Anyroom DVR, I don't believe that managing your DVR from the web would work. Everything comcast says about the new site is that X1 service is required. Once again, I don't think the rep you were chatting with knows what they're talking about.

I believe Cloud is only available for X1 service.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

Not sure, Angry_Red was chatting with comcast and was told they could add cloud storage with an Anyroom dvr for about $10 (See earlier post). Is Anyroom dvr X1?

Service Expert

m.venanzi wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

Not sure, Angry_Red was chatting with comcast and was told they could add cloud storage with an Anyroom dvr for about $10 (See earlier post). Is Anyroom dvr X1?

Yes. only X1.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

Yes. only X1.

Confused. Then why the $10 charge for cloud if he has X1?

Service Expert

m.venanzi wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

Yes. only X1.

Confused. Then why the $10 charge for cloud if he has X1?

I believe the $10 is for Anyroom, which includes cloud at no extra charge.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation