Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: x1 says "BOOT" on box, then on screen it says "WELCOME powering up. this may tak

New Poster

Re: x1 says "BOOT" on box, then on screen it says "WELCOME powering up. this may tak

I have the same issues.  Been on the phone with about 8 different people.  over the last 2 days.  I've been told I need a "filter" installed outside of my house.  I had an appt on 09/08/17 but Comcast cancelled it because I did a self install of the new X1 box.  and now I cannot get an appointment until 09/27.........3 weeks!

I'm in the florida panhandle. and the excuse I'm getting is all technicians are preparing for hurricane, but we aren't in the direct path, but the technicians are dispatched from Jacksonville, and they closed early.  I understand that, but there has to be a way to dispatch a technician without the jacksonville office.  or at the very least, tell me how to install this filter and give it to me so I can install my self.  I can't watch cable to see if I'm going to get blown away by Irma or not.  Last I looked, we weren't in direct path, but don't know.  also, internet is spotty, due to "signal mismatch" according to 1 person I spoke with.  What are my options until I can get a technician out here in 3 weeks. (which is ridiculous!)

Official Employee

Hi, robinpich. Our local maintenance team will need to install the filter you mentioned before a technician can come out and resolve the ongoing issues with your internet and cable services. Once the work has been completed on your lines we may be able to get you an expedited technician appointment. I'll continue to monitor the work order for your filter install and will be in touch once I have an update for you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Our system reflects that the local maintenance work order for your lines has been completed. Do you still need assistance getting a technician scheduled or has the issue with your internet and cable services been resolved?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation