Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Xfinity TV app

Silver Problem Solver

does it work with just the remote?  does it work on the computer?  Has it ever worked?  do you have a cable box capable of doing that?   Do you have a motorola or pace box, or multiroom dvr for SA Cisco?

Are you signing in with the primary account holders credentials?  Does your account online show your cable boxes? 

You didn't supply much info thats why all the questions. 

do you meet these requirements

Requirements

• iPad, iPhone (3G or newer) or iPod touch (2nd generation or newer)/iOS 4.0 or later
  • Android phone with Android OS 2.1, 2.2 or 2.3
  • Android tablet with Android 3.0*
  • Play Now feature available on iPad, iPhone 3GS or newer, and iPod touch 3rd generation or newer over WiFi connection
  • Internet connection (Wireless or 3G)
  • XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital TV service
  • Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control)
  • Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password
Frequent Visitor

I think those requirements could be put more clearly. First, please distinguish between the TV App (show TV listings and control eligible equipment) and the TV Play app (play selected content). Originally, I don't think they were separate apps, so there seems to be some confusion between them in some posts. Second, the first three bullets are alternatives, you only need one out of the three. The other bullets are all required. (I assume the * after 3.0 a wildcard and not a missing footnote.) I believe (but am not certain) that the TV Play app only works on wifi and not on 3G or 4G, but the TV App (listings and box control) will work on any of them. Even if you don't have a compatible box, you should still be able to see the TV Listings. I'd love to see someone else confirm these.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation