Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Xfinity TV app for Ipad 2 won't change channels

Regular Visitor

I am having this exact same issue with the Motorola RNG200N. I can't get any help from Comcast. Talked to several techs. Is there any resolution to this?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

CMCarder wrote:

I am having this exact same issue with the Motorola RNG200N. I can't get any help from Comcast. Talked to several techs. Is there any resolution to this?

Try deleting the app and then install it again and see if it works.

If it is still not working, yry unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

After you have done these steps, let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Yeah, this didn't help. Multiple phone calls to tech support has yielded zero results. Even contacted a rep through online chat and that didn't help. When I visit http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes my basement box (rng150, I can change channels on this one) has "Tv Control" set to on, but the Motorola RNG200n box says "TV Control is not available for this cable box." ???? I can schedule DVR recordings from the App on the RNG200n, but I can't change the channel. Any idea Joe?

Official Employee

CMCarder wrote:

Yeah, this didn't help. Multiple phone calls to tech support has yielded zero results. Even contacted a rep through online chat and that didn't help. When I visit http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes my basement box (rng150, I can change channels on this one) has "Tv Control" set to on, but the Motorola RNG200n box says "TV Control is not available for this cable box." ???? I can schedule DVR recordings from the App on the RNG200n, but I can't change the channel. Any idea Joe?

Our team is further looking into this. I will let you know when I know more.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have the same exact issue using either the iPhone app or my PC.  I'm able to use DVR Manager, but not change channels.  When using the PC, it states that I don't have an eligible box.  I talked with a tech guy on the phone.  He suggested rebooting my box and reinstalling the app.  I've tried both without success.  I've read online about suggestions regarding enabling TV access from your box.  It isn't clear how to do this.  Any suggestions. 

New Poster

I also have the same problem.  My multiple TVs were working fine until I added another DVR and Digital box on two other TV's... Now I cannot change the channels on either DVR, although I can schedule recording on both of them.

Official Employee

jeflab & bmcgee36,

Please go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes and make sure that TV Control is set to "ON" on each box.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hi,

This must be systematic because I cannot change the channel on my DVR box through the iPad app now either. Not sure if it's a coincidence but I just had a digital adapter box added to my account. Both of my boxes are set to "on".

Regular Visitor

Yeah it says that tv control is not available for dvr1 or tv1. This is referring to my Motorola RnG200n box. This is in spite of the fact that I can program my DVR with it, just not change a channel.  For my basement box, which is a Motorola RNG 150, it says TV control is available and turned on. I can use the app to change channels on this box. 

New Poster

My one DVR box works through the app, but the other does not.

New Poster

Awesome Joe!

That did it for me.... at least on the one TV I care about the most... I will test on the others later.

Thanks again Joe...

New Poster

My ipad2; itouch old and new and iphone 4 have stopped working also - only happened after the software OS upgrade last week.

Could this be an Apple issue - do they need to write a patch ?

Official Employee

Optiboy wrote:

My ipad2; itouch old and new and iphone 4 have stopped working also - only happened after the software OS upgrade last week.

Could this be an Apple issue - do they need to write a patch ?

Try deleting the app and then install it again and see if it works.

If it is still not working, yry unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

After you have done these steps, let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Mine is back up and working.  

Regular Visitor

I have both an iPhone 3G and 4. Both get the channel listings but neither will change the channel (with either the xfinity app or xfinity sports remote app). I made sure my TV Control was set to "on". When I click on a channel to watch on tv, iPhone pings but nothing happens.

Oh and I just installed on my iPhone 4....so a new install doesn't resolve.

Official Employee

Nordie1 wrote:

I have both an iPhone 3G and 4. Both get the channel listings but neither will change the channel (with either the xfinity app or xfinity sports remote app). I made sure my TV Control was set to "on". When I click on a channel to watch on tv, iPhone pings but nothing happens.

Oh and I just installed on my iPhone 4....so a new install doesn't resolve.

Has it worked in the past?

Did you recently get a new cable box?

Does it work when you do it from the TV Listings page?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

In my particular case, it hasn't worked in the past and doesn't work from the TV listings page. Reinstalling app and unplugging / resetting the stb doesn't help. Multiple calls to Comcast and even a service tech looked at it when he was here, but to no avail. My last call, they told me that the app wasn't compatible with the Motorola RNG200n (even though Comcast site says otherwise) and that I need to get a different box to change channels with the app. When I asked what box to get that supports the anyroom dvr, they said that they didn't have one. I give up. 

Regular Visitor

Hum, the only way I know to select a channel IS from the tv listings page on the iPhone app. Regardless, seems to be working again with both iPhones.

Thanks

New Poster

I was having the same problem and lucked into a solution.  I had initially made sure the TV Control was set to "ON" for my DVR, but I wasn't able to change the channel from xfinity.com or from my iPhone.  I just happened to switch it "OFF", then save, then leave, then return, then swith it "ON", then save.  It didn't work immediately after, but maybe 5-10 minutes later it worked.  Guess that did the trick.  Hope it works for all of you.

New Poster

THANKS, elgringo.  Worked for me also.  Had spent all morning trying to fix one of our cable boxes that would not change channels online or with the iPhone/iPad.  The software at Comcast was "confused."  

Maureen

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation