Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

A suggestion for a new feature would be access to the episodes of Star Trek Discovery since we already pay for the priveledge of watching CBS shows via Comcast. If not, I propose everyone boycott the show until CBS realizes the public won't pay their "Ransom" to view anything but the first episode.

Most Valued Poster

BeowolfJones wrote:

A suggestion for a new feature would be access to the episodes of Star Trek Discovery since we already pay for the priveledge of watching CBS shows via Comcast. If not, I propose everyone boycott the show until CBS realizes the public won't pay their "Ransom" to view anything but the first episode.

BeowolfJones wrote:

I  think its despicable of CBS to 'bait' us with one episode viewable by all.  I can understand Netflix, Hula,etc with their own programmng but for a major network to decide they need more money by only offering certain new shows by requiring 'membership'....boo hiss.

Regular Contributor

You are so right TerriB ! We already pay big bucks for cable then these (insert explicative here) try to hold us up for extortion money to watch a new show based in the Star trek universe. I hope most people will not fall for this ploy and CBS will realize that their tactics failed. It certainly puts a stain on the whole Star Trek TV idea as conceived by Gene Roddenberry. I haven't bothered to watch the first episode even though I DVR'd it. Why bother ? I refuse to pay and that's the way it is.

Meanwhile "The Orville" is still free and not a bad show.

Problem Solver

BewwolfJones & TerriB, I posted this reply in another thread-    http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/On-demand-isn-t/m-p/2974416#M87272

It might answer some questions.  I did watch the first episode, and recorded it, but recording was really mucked up with the Football overages and throwing off all recordings.. I really, really hate Sunday football.   I wasn't too impressed with the show.

I'm watching "The Orville" but my jury is still out on that one.. Smiley Wink

ciao, bj

Most Valued Poster

BlueJay wrote:

BewwolfJones & TerriB, I posted this reply in another thread-    http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/On-demand-isn-t/m-p/2974416#M87272

It might answer some questions.  I did watch the first episode, and recorded it, but recording was really mucked up with the Football overages and throwing off all recordings.. I really, really hate Sunday football.   I wasn't too impressed with the show.

I'm watching "The Orville" but my jury is still out on that one.. Smiley Wink

ciao, bj

Thanks bj

Problem Solver

You're welcome, TerriB    

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation