Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: TiVo looking on wrong frequency for channels

New Poster

I started to notice channels (Bravo, MTV, TLC) picture quality degrading (pixelation) about a month ago. It’s gotten progressively worse to where these channels are unwatchable (and for $250+ per month It should be perfect). I called Comcast 11/17 and was advised my account was flagged for a signal leak in our home...”did someone call you?” Uh, no. So after 30 minutes, the CSR scheduled a tech to come out 2 days later. Tech replaced coax cables, splitter, cable card, and even components outside/on the side of the house, and 3 hours later, the tech said the issue on TiVo side and left. After contacting TiVo, they quickly identified the issue was related to a weak signal..65% on the problem channels (channels without issues were between 70-75% so 70% seems to be the tipping point), and to contact Comcast. Another call to comcast required I be transferred 3 times, and each time I had to correct the agent that the issue was NOT related to an Xfinity box! After an hour, I was eventually transferred to advanced support who had me connect the TiVo box to another tv in the home and those problem channels were no longer a problem so they concluded issue was related to the specific outlet and a tech neeed to come out—they had no details on what earlier tech who spent 3 hours at my house, did. Only that he was here. Two techs showed up the next morning..one was in training (her last day of 90 day training) and a more senior tech. They were here for 5 hours going through everything the other tech did, and this time, replaced components from the street and the line into the house/room but the channels only slightly improved. We ran TiVo diagnostics and even with the info (frequency, modulation, signal strength [67%], RS uncorrected [654], and RS corrected [0]), they were unable to fully remedy and once again blamed TiVo (saying the signal was coming through “strong enough” but the TiVo box was distorting it. They left, after which I noticed they left the public street cable box open and a giant orange cable running from he box to my home along the lawn!!! His necessitated another call to comcast where we were told another crew would be out to bury the line but hat we’d have to call back in a week to make sure we were still on the schedule?!
Through the evening and today, the channel audio and picture quality have agalready n degraded to the point the channels are unwatchable. The other tv’s in the home (on the main Xfinity box or receivers) are NOT affected. I can’t bear to call Comcast customer service again. Hoping someone here can please help me.
Official Employee

Hi, Nkmoore09 - Apologies for your experience. I checked your account, all RF signals (for outlets I see, cannot see Tivo's diagnostic) are good. However, it does sound there is an issue with one specific coax outlet. Could you please do me a favor? Is it possible to swap outlets temporarily? In this case, I will be able to see RF signals from X1 cable box and techs won't concentrate on Tivo's equipment. Please let me know. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Tags (1)
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation