Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Recording Option Lost?

Service Expert

sbudaj wrote:

Thanks. Just checked it through the app and I was able to increase the recording time. (Could have sworn this was previously available directly on the X1 box).

However, when I check it on the scheduled recordings on my box, it just shows end time as "on time". Will it work? 

rechecked after 5-30 minutes? Many changes you make with xfinity TV app gives a popup saying there may be a delay up to xx minutes (5,20?)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Well, what's interesting is that when looking on X1 at the Scheduled Recordings, when looking at the first screen before the options where it shows the time and channel and info about the program, the time to record the show says 9pm-11pm (which includes an extra hour as set from my App), but when I go to Options, the end time in Options still shows "on-time".

Is this just a function of it having been set by the App so the Option screen thinks it is "on-time" even though it shows it is an hour longer?

Will it work?

Service Expert

sbudaj wrote:

Well, what's interesting is that when looking on X1 at the Scheduled Recordings, when looking at the first screen before the options where it shows the time and channel and info about the program, the time to record the show says 9pm-11pm (which includes an extra hour as set from my App), but when I go to Options, the end time in Options still shows "on-time".

Is this just a function of it having been set by the App so the Option screen thinks it is "on-time" even though it shows it is an hour longer?

Will it work?

i record 2 local news shows late evening. I added an hour 30 minutes to each and it works well. When I look at option on the DVR (tv) it shows 30 mins late but records hour I set on the smartphone app xFinity TV Remote.

edit: I checked and found a strange thing with the xFinity TV app, it shows same show is set to end 'on time' and offers only up to 3 minutes late. the xFinity TV app shows 30 minutes late and offers choices of up to 2 hours 'late' ending time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation