Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Pac12 Streaming on Mobile App?

New Poster

I don't understand, Comcast, why you keep sending me this message that claims you care, that you've provided a response, but that links back here to nothing:

Tags (1)
Official Employee

HW2244 wrote:

I don't understand, Comcast, why you keep sending me this message that claims you care, that you've provided a response, but that links back here to nothing:

I am sorry but you cannot watch content on the Pac-12 Now App at this time.

If you have a PC or Mac, live streaming of all Pac-12 channels can be found here. Just sign in with your Comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Joe, I think a better question is WHY CAN WE NOT VIEW PAC-12 ON OUR MOBILE DEVICES?

We pay ridiculous amounts of money for your service, forced buy hundreds of channels we don't give a rip about to get the few we do, and you are unwilling to make the pac-12 network available on mobile devices? Is it possible to get an explanation?

It surely isn't technical...so what's the problem?

Frequent Visitor

twindux wrote:

Joe, I think a better question is WHY CAN WE NOT VIEW PAC-12 ON OUR MOBILE DEVICES?

We pay ridiculous amounts of money for your service, forced buy hundreds of channels we don't give a rip about to get the few we do, and you are unwilling to make the pac-12 network available on mobile devices? Is it possible to get an explanation?

It surely isn't technical...so what's the problem?

The interesting thing is that Comcast shows the PAC 12 Network running on an iPad from within Comcast. Comcast needs to check the marketing message it is delivering because in this case it is patently false. This is frustrating as there are MANY subscribers who may be on the road away from their televisions, perhaps attending another event where wifi is present, who would like to rely on Comcast to watch this or even ESPN. Because of some Comcast policy, this is not possible. This is not a customer driven response when you see how many other providers do offer such access for their customers. With all of Comcast's resources, and its false advertising, it should be embarrassed.

Contributor

Here's what I wrote a year ago...

When will Comcast deliver a first-class Pac-12 Networks presence with full event access and iOS device access like Time Warner and its competitors?  I want a date, not "soon".

Still no answers... just B.S.  There isn't even any individual event access from the Web, let alone from mobile.

Contributor

They are too cheap to allow access to Pac-12 Networks except through their own network on their own terms.  The Pac-12 Now app doesn't use their network, so it's out.  Access to individual event streams doesn't use their network, so it's out.  As far as I can tell, access to their Web site that carries Pac-12 Networks channels is blocked from mobile browsers because it doesn't suit them, so it's out too.

Frequent Visitor

it's the same BS  from Comcast, just a different year. I wish we had n alternative cable option in our city. I would grab it in a second. Meanwhile, Comcast keeps putting a new facade on its old tech, as with it's so-called X-1 platform.

Frequent Visitor

Notice that "Joe" from Comcast never cae back with any other answer.

New Poster

The app doesn't work.  Try to go to the webpage where you can watch on a laptop, using a device, you get redirected to a page to download the app.  The redirect page is even titled "ROADBLOCK".  This is not simply a case of Comcast not having set up access for devices yet, it is a case of Comcast actively preventing device users from streaming content.

Comcast, does the Pac-12 require you to pay more if you allow subscribers to stream on a device?  If this is the case, JUST SAY SO!  STOP JUST LETTING US SIT AND WONDER WHAT THE ISSUE IS!

New Poster

Ok, almost a year has passed and it *still* is broken?

Bogus.

Stop saying how cool you are, it's a lie.
New Poster

I have read through the posts for the past year without seeing one response from Comcast as to what the situation is with streaming live video from the PAC 12 Network on an IPAD. What is it goint to take to get a statement from Comcast as to their plans for PAC 12 support on the IPAD?

I'm very annoyed but unfortunately this is typical of Comcast and the world's worst customer service

Official Employee

pgard45 wrote:

I have read through the posts for the past year without seeing one response from Comcast as to what the situation is with streaming live video from the PAC 12 Network on an IPAD. What is it goint to take to get a statement from Comcast as to their plans for PAC 12 support on the IPAD?

I'm very annoyed but unfortunately this is typical of Comcast and the world's worst customer service

Pac-12 channel is now available to watch live on the XFINITY TV GO App:

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xfinity-tv-go/id552293383?mt=8

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.playnow&hl=en

Thanks,

Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you.  It would have been nice to hear something along the lines of "Comcast is working to address this problem" instead of silence, but something is better than nothing.

That being said, Comcast is still only providing a portion of the full Pac-12 Networks experience because it has no event stream support for desktops, laptops or mobile devices.

I know that they can do that sort of thing because they are doing it for NBC Sports Network, the Big Ten Network, Major League Baseball and other providers.  Please step up to the plate and add event streams to your service.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 in conversation