Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Mobile App does not recognize my tv or dvr so unable to access via mobile app

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Mobile App does not recognize my tv or dvr so unable to access via mobile app

First the mobile app is not for tv, you need the xfinity tv app or play now app.    The app does not recognize your tv it recognizes your cable box if your box is able to work with the app. 

Neither of you mentioned what cable boxes you have.  For the mostpart the tv app only works with motorola boxes. it only works with Cisco or SA boxes in areas where you can get multiroom dvr with the new guide 2.0. 

You do also not pay for this service.  The price did not go up when the service became available it is included at no charge with your subscription if it is available in your area.

New Poster

Mobile App does not recognize my tv or dvr so unable to access via mobile app

I have chatted several time with online help but when I log into xfinity mobile app for iphone I get the message that there is no eligible TV- I got a new model of DVR from Comcast which was supposed to allow me to utilize this app but as yet no luck.  First I was told to wait 48 hours but its been 7 days and still nothing.  Any help would be great.

Thanks

New Poster

Same problem here. Comcast has been advertising this app stuff for years and it still doesn't work. I just upgraded my DVR set top box and it's no use. When is comcast going to deliver what they are advertising and we are paying for.

New Poster

The box is a Cisco rng200n. The service was a selling feature when I signed up almost a year ago. Just a little dissapointed with Comcast. The actual service Internet phone and tv is great, but customer service stinks. Comcast told me via phone this is the box I needed to make this app work. 

New Poster

Mine is an rng 200 Cisco as well.

Silver Problem Solver

unless you can get the anyroom dvr set up it will not work with that box. The cisco market for comcast lags behind the rest of us.  To get updates on the status check the comcast blog below.

Scrolll down to the Q&A, and also your not missing much, I have had it for a few years never use it.

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-guide-for-scientific-atlanta-cable-boxes.html#more

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation