Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Lying Comcast

Silver Problem Solver

How are they difficult to navigate? 

If you have a legacy box it even tells you (in your screenshot) how to get to the content.

If you have X1 you can just search for it which takes like 30 seconds, if that.

While I can agree that the system is not perfect and there are plenty of places for improvement the user interface of any of the equipment is not one of them. It seems to me that you just don't want to even try.

Contributor

Lying Comcast

I searched for moview tonight that are free and in HD.  One of the movies that came up in the list was the Star Trek movie from 2009, which I had not seen.  I added it to my watchlist.

But when I went to play the movie from the watchlist shortly after, I received a msg that the movie was unavailable!  Say what?  Why was it now "unavailable"?  Why did Comcast waste my time searching for something to watch that should not have been in the list in the first place if it wasn't available?

Documentation is via these two screenshots:

http://i.minus.com/iDLSsQWLh2efu.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ibyjLXDSR0BZ6M.jpg

New Poster

how often does it happen? Better be a lot to call them liars. Don't get me wrong im a consumer to but i've had friends and family with Comcast and things like that happened in a blur moon... does it happen often for yhou or is it more about the movie...you Trekke! I am too lol. and at skinnygrl or something. asked about getting money back from ondemand issues, I've watched my friends call up about that and the answer will be that ondemand isn't a paid service, u get it for  free so they won't give monies when no monies were given. Just to say you some frustrations.

Official Employee

Jojo999 wrote:

I searched for moview tonight that are free and in HD.  One of the movies that came up in the list was the Star Trek movie from 2009, which I had not seen.  I added it to my watchlist.

But when I went to play the movie from the watchlist shortly after, I received a msg that the movie was unavailable!  Say what?  Why was it now "unavailable"?  Why did Comcast waste my time searching for something to watch that should not have been in the list in the first place if it wasn't available?

Documentation is via these two screenshots:

http://i.minus.com/iDLSsQWLh2efu.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ibyjLXDSR0BZ6M.jpg

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am still seeing the Star Trek movie (2009) available On Demand to rent/buy.

Have you been able to locate it again? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Yes, it was always available to rent/buy. But it was (is) supposed to be available for free viewing through 5/31. As you will note from my screenshots, I specifically searched for HD movies that were FREE, which is how I was presented with this movie.
Silver Problem Solver

Have you tried just browsing to it on your actual cable box? Sometimes the "Watch on TV" button is just broken.

Contributor

No, comcast menus are even more difficult to use than they are on the PC.  If it comes up on the search, then it should work.

Instead of trying to assimilate TW, and such, Comcast should dedicate more effort on improving the user experience using thier software interfaces.

Official Employee
Moved:

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation