Re: HDHomerun Prime and Comcast DRM

ComcastKenF,

I am having the exact same issue. Sent you a PM

Accepted Solution

DaveVan wrote:

ComcastKenF,

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have escalated your issue to the right teams so that we can get all of your subscribed channels for you on your cable card device. That team will review your account and contact you directly. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, I have sent some signals to your cable card that have been known to resolve this issue in many cases. Please let me know how things are now.

Unfortunately, Kodi/XBMC does not support DRM protected channels. Channels that are copy protected by the cable provider (indicated by the DRM mark) can only be accessed by hardware/software that supports industry-approved protection, which basically means a PC running Windows Media Center, a media center extender linked to such a PC, a Playstation 3, or our HDHomeRun VIEW app for Android. Other hardware/software that does not support protection (including most DLNA device, QuickTV, XBMC, VLC, etc.) can only access the unprotected channels.

This could also be an example of “working as intended” if you are using PLEX as a platform to avenue the content from Silicon Dust HD Home Run Prime. And because of the recent update for Windows, Windows Media Center is no longer available; which was a primary platform for HD Home Run Prime. Some users have been looking for alternative methods/devices.

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

Well I'm not sure if the the issue is fixed yet,, serveral programs {Not ATI's of course..} are stating that my video card doesn't do DRM {or doesn't do it to spec.s}.. I got a Nividia card that's I've been told does do DRM,,  I forget what part of the WMC cable advisor or WMC setup it gives in an error that basicly comes back to a DRM error. Easier use the "CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor" it gives a bunch of stats and mine card fails the DRM test(s).. So why don't I know if it worked ,, the computer is in a hard placed to get it out of and I have a AMD 8 core to replace the AMD 4 core.. It's the computer I use the most so taking it down of a day or two is a big deal.. Hope to pull it off before the end of the year. Please let me know what fixes it for you.. 

Official Employee

DaveVan wrote:

ComcastKenF,

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have escalated your issue to the right teams so that we can get all of your subscribed channels for you on your cable card device. That team will review your account and contact you directly. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, I have sent some signals to your cable card that have been known to resolve this issue in many cases. Please let me know how things are now.

Unfortunately, Kodi/XBMC does not support DRM protected channels. Channels that are copy protected by the cable provider (indicated by the DRM mark) can only be accessed by hardware/software that supports industry-approved protection, which basically means a PC running Windows Media Center, a media center extender linked to such a PC, a Playstation 3, or our HDHomeRun VIEW app for Android. Other hardware/software that does not support protection (including most DLNA device, QuickTV, XBMC, VLC, etc.) can only access the unprotected channels.

This could also be an example of “working as intended” if you are using PLEX as a platform to avenue the content from Silicon Dust HD Home Run Prime. And because of the recent update for Windows, Windows Media Center is no longer available; which was a primary platform for HD Home Run Prime. Some users have been looking for alternative methods/devices.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation