Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: DVR manager not working

Frequent Visitor

Has this problem been resolved because I am still having the same issue.

Regular Visitor

I experienced the same issue. I deleted the app on my iOS devises, reinstalled and logged in. I was able to use the app as before.

Silver Problem Solver

you can also try going to your box menu and there you will see remote setup.  you can delete the set up thats there and then resynch your box again.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for trying to help. I will try that but it seems when I log into comcast.net from my home computer or any other computer for that matter it does not even acknowledge me as having a cable box that is capable of being able to be programmed remotely.

Official Employee

rselvage wrote:

Thanks for trying to help. I will try that but it seems when I log into comcast.net from my home computer or any other computer for that matter it does not even acknowledge me as having a cable box that is capable of being able to be programmed remotely.

Our team is looking into this now. I will update you when I learn more.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Per Joe'scomment (from Xfinity), is this a general problem for many Moto STB? I am in the midewest and this has been out for months. Clearing the apps, restarting the box, and different browsers did not help. I also had no reolution while talking to them on line.

So again, just wondering if this is a common theme among many users.

Thanks

Contributor

I also have never been able to get this feature to function, I get the "DVR Manager is available in your area.     However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household." message too. A resolve would be highly appreciated. Mike in NH

Official Employee

kbiggs & SSSST,

I have our team looking into your issues now.

I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the exact same problem, is there anything I can do or do I have to call in? Anyone have any advise?
Contributor

I fear that I am paying for a feature that I am not receiving!!!

New Poster

I am having the same issue. I called Comcast twice today to report this and got two totally different responses. The first customer service rep told me that they had something set up incorrectly on my account and would have it fixed within the hour. When this didn't happen, I called back and spoke with another customer service rep who told me that this feature was not available in the Memphis area yet--although the Website states otherwise. My frustration level with Comcast is off the charts!!

Frequent Visitor

I know this is a shot in the dark but does any one have a signal amplifier hooked up. I know it is not advised to filter or amplified the incoming signal but I have another cable service at a summer home and we could not use any of the pay per view services and the cable box was not able to be programmed from the office. Not until a couple of cable box exchange and many visits from a service man did we get a smart one who disconnected the amplifier and all problems were cured. Just a thought. Running out of ideas for something that used to work with no problems.....

Regular Visitor

I too am experiencing the same problems.  My box is not even recognized when I attempt to go to MyDVR.  I am experiencing the same issue and error message as everyone else.  

Contributor

Comcast Joe!

You and your team have been looking into this issue for 6 months now and most likely a lot longer ...How about some resolve here!!! I know there is an answer just open up to your customers.

Regular Visitor

Well, online chatted with two customer service reps to no avail.  Was given an escalated ticket number and the comcast customer service number.  Here goes nothing.  

New Poster

I called to ask about this and was told it was out (and had been out for a while) on the entire east coast. I have yet to see it work. They should just not advertise it, don't tell anyone that you have this capability and no one will feel like they are getting ripped off. Oh..wait...this is comcast, of course we are getting ripped off!

Contributor

MidCT wrote:

I called to ask about this and was told it was out (and had been out for a while) on the entire east coast. I have yet to see it work. They should just not advertise it, don't tell anyone that you have this capability and no one will feel like they are getting ripped off. Oh..wait...this is comcast, of course we are getting ripped off!

The real issue here is they (Comcast) know it and don't really care as long as our bills come a month ahead of time and get paid!!

New Poster

My ticket was escalated twice..... Ended up with the engineering dept, after one day they were able to fix it.
New Poster

Do you know what they did to fix this?  I swapped out my standard digital box for a HD DVR box on Saturday.  I activated the box and everything works great using the remote control.  However, I cannot access the box from the internet to either display the name of the box (that I provided) and use the DVR Manage function.  I have spoken with Comcast several times since Saturday.  I was told that a ticket has been opened, but it may take 72 hours to be addressed.  The 72 hours are up tomorrow afternoon, but I am not confident that anything is being done.

Regular Visitor

Well, my call has been escalated 3 times now and apparently the technicians with access to the servers have to contact me now.  It took them 3 days to call me and when they called me yesterday I was unable to speak with them.  Hoping to get in contact with them today.  ComcastJoe?  Where are you.  I read on other forums where you were helping people left and right.  No love for us?

Official Employee

sweeper922 wrote:

Do you know what they did to fix this?  I swapped out my standard digital box for a HD DVR box on Saturday.  I activated the box and everything works great using the remote control.  However, I cannot access the box from the internet to either display the name of the box (that I provided) and use the DVR Manage function.  I have spoken with Comcast several times since Saturday.  I was told that a ticket has been opened, but it may take 72 hours to be addressed.  The 72 hours are up tomorrow afternoon, but I am not confident that anything is being done.

There is a ticket open for you that is being worked on now. Looks like your account still has you assigned to your old box and our team is verifying with billing that you indeed have a new box.

shine37 wrote:

Well, my call has been escalated 3 times now and apparently the technicians with access to the servers have to contact me now.  It took them 3 days to call me and when they called me yesterday I was unable to speak with them.  Hoping to get in contact with them today.  ComcastJoe?  Where are you.  I read on other forums where you were helping people left and right.  No love for us?

Your ticket is currently still being worked on. When I learn more I will update you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

same here.  swapped a Pace 100 for a Moto 3412 and my "tune from my PC" stopped working and I can't set up DVR recordings from the web.  When I click on "show name on TV" from the config devices page, I get nothing.  Chatted with Comcast, ended up getting passed off to three reps, and closed the chat with a phone number, but no solution.  Called the number and the rep would only take my info and said it could take "up to 72 hours" to resolve.

All these features worked fine for many, many months on my old STB.  Now nothing works.  I "upgraded" only to find out that I have less.  Not a good start.

New Poster

I am sorry but I can't find out where to post this.....Have used Xfinity TV app for a long time with two iphones.  Everything wonderful.  About a week or so ago, it will not record anything that I tell the app to program. Nothing has changed in my home.  I completely removed the app from my iphone 4s and reinstalled.  Still won't work.  My daughter has the 3G and will not work now with her iphone. Help!!!  This has been wonderful to use, but can't figure out since nothing has changed in my house.

Official Employee

MaryJaneM wrote:

I am sorry but I can't find out where to post this.....Have used Xfinity TV app for a long time with two iphones.  Everything wonderful.  About a week or so ago, it will not record anything that I tell the app to program. Nothing has changed in my home.  I completely removed the app from my iphone 4s and reinstalled.  Still won't work.  My daughter has the 3G and will not work now with her iphone. Help!!!  This has been wonderful to use, but can't figure out since nothing has changed in my house.

Please private message me your account number and your Comcast log-in so I can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

How do I private message you?  thanks. I don't know my account number here at work, but can give you any other information.

New Poster

I am having the same problem mentioned. My DVR is not being recgonized by my i phonme app or online. i get the message that the service is available but no DVR in household. Please help. I have spoken to so many people with no result. I just had a technician out to deliver a new dcx 3400.

Official Employee

tanners3 wrote:

I am having the same problem mentioned. My DVR is not being recgonized by my i phonme app or online. i get the message that the service is available but no DVR in household. Please help. I have spoken to so many people with no result. I just had a technician out to deliver a new dcx 3400.

How long ago was the new box installed?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Today close to 11am est

New Poster

Odd thing is the app picks up my two hd boxes only in the bedrooms but no the dvr in the living  room.

Official Employee

tanners3 wrote:

Odd thing is the app picks up my two hd boxes only in the bedrooms but no the dvr in the living  room.

tanners3,

Are you still having issues with this? I ask becasue I see you had a ticket about this issue and it is now closed.

If you are still having issues, let me know and I will reopen and work on the ticket.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Closed and working fine. Thank you

Official Employee

tanners3 wrote:

Closed and working fine. Thank you

Since it is much easier to troubleshoot each customer individually on DVR Manager issues, I am closing this thread.

Please create a new thread if you are having issues and I will further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 14 in conversation