Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: DVR Manager doesn't work since recent move.

New Poster

I recently moved my service from Maryland to Florida.  My DVR Manager does not work now.  For days it has not synced after various attempts online with my home computer and iPad app.  I have also used the temporary number feature, albeit the online webpages have no place to input that number.  I have also done the lame unplugging of the DVR from the power source.  Would very much like to manage my DVR again from my home computer, iPad, and iPhone.  What else can I do please?

Cable Expert

australmoon

The number doesn't do anything and is not needed.  What happened when you called Comcast support?  It's usually a coding issue with your account that the Comcast CSR needs to take care of.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I did not get through to Customer Service.  The system hung up on me twice.  The first call to the 1-800 number was a bust.  The people in Richmond claimed they could not help and then gave me a number in Florida.  They transfered the call and the call was then dropped.  The Florida number also drops the call.  Hence the reason I am resorting to this message board for a solution that I could potentially implement myself.

Ironically, this incident comes on top of a two-hour late installation at my home, followed by the tech leaving my home with only one of two TV jacks working (and mud throughout my home), resulting in a second tech visit to my home that was rescheduled without my knowledge (leaving me at home waiting) to the next day (day three in other words), where upon the all three jacks were turned on.  Wow.  What a mess.

New Poster

I know this is a crazy idea, but would you be able/willing to communicate my request to CSR?  Unless a miracle happens tonight I have a doubt about getting through the robo answering machine system to get a human being.

Cable Expert

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will contact the local people to get all your issues corrected.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team, most likely late in the business week.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

God bless you.  Thank you.

Silver Problem Solver

go to menu, set up remote access set up and delete the account and then try to re synch it.

New Poster

FYI--The Florida robo phone system sometimes (yes, not always) that the customer type in a very long account number.  Perhaps they could come up with a better system.  If one no longer receives paper bills, it is exceeding difficult to look up an electronic version of the bill on a smartphone while punching in an account number.  Actually, it's impossible since a copy/paste function is not available in that mode.  Perhaps account numbers should not be used?  Hope this helps achieve better service please.

New Poster

There is no option to delete the account on the Remote Access Set submenu.

Silver Problem Solver

when you go there what does it say? if it has no delete you have no account. are you in a motorola market?

New Poster

The only options are (1) "View Code" and (2) "Go Back."  There is no delete option.  Yes, it is a new Motorola DVR.

New Poster

I am able to access my "AustralMoon" account online, but I am not able to control the DVR online.

Cable Expert

australmoon

Your already being taken care of, so Rog should back off.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Silver Problem Solver

if you hit view code what does it say.  It does take a few days for the synching to happen.  are you logging into the service with the primary user name and password?  can you log in to comast on line and see the info?  What app are you trying to use this with. ?

New Poster

ANSWERS IN CAPS.

if you hit view code what does it say.  IT SAYS "NPF5LJ7T."

It does take a few days for the synching to happen.  ITS BEEN A FEW DAYS ALREADY, ALTHOUGH ONLINE IS CLAIMS IT TAKES "24 HOURS."

are you logging into the service with the primary user name and password?  YES.  ABSOLUTELY.  IT IS THE ONLY USER ID & PASSWORD.

can you log in to comast on line and see the info?  WHICH "INFO" DO YOU MEAN PLEASE?

What app are you trying to use this with. ?  ON MY HOME COMPUTER--NO APPS.  ON MY IPAD AND IPHONE, THE COMCAST SUPPLIED APPS FROM THE APPLE STORE.

New Poster

CORRECTION--HOME COMPUTER APP IS MY BROWSER, SAFARI.

New Poster

ANSWERNG THESE QUESTIONS WILL HELP YOU OR CSR RESET IT?

Silver Problem Solver

i am just a customer like you, this is a user to user forum, I cannot do anything for you besides try to help you. .see this thread, comcast might have to rebuild your account codes.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/DVR-Manager/DVR-Manager-doesn-t-work-since-recent-move/m-p/990689/highl...

Official Employee

australmoon,

When people move or swap out boxes, most of the time the issue is that your account is tied to your old boxes and have not switched over to your new box. If this is the case, there is nothing YOU can do to fix it but we can fix it for you.

Please send the following information to info[at]xfinitytv[dot]com with the following information so we can further assist you.

We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release personal information in a public forum.

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:
Account Number:
Zip code:
Make and model of your new set-top boxes:

Please also include a link to this post and your name on this thread (australmoon) so we can accurately track your issue.

Thanks,

Joe

XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation