Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Costs for past season episodes

Regular Contributor

Yeah, I think the real answer is, "because they can." 

I agree with Evie, and the previous answer was completely lacking. What is 'On Demand management,' anyway? Is that within Comcast, or the network/content provider?

Anyway, the point I want to make: It's not enough that I'm paying about $200 a month!?! (with all the boxes, etc.) You have to make me PAY for shows that are free during the season, and that are commercially supported? You should be ashamed, whether it's Comc ast, or the network.

I know, this isn't timely, but I ran into it recently, with Walking Dead and AMC, and I wanted to add my complaint. So tell you what, I 'll skip the show when the new season starts, and urge others to do the same. And if you see the viewership slipping, maybe it's the greed.

Admin1

Hi gnpnb -- I can help clear this up for you. On Demand content is not determined by us or any other provider. The content holder, which is the network the content is created by or airs on, holds the rights to that content. They decide what is made available and what is not. They also determine if their content will have a charge for it or not. 

We do have an internal On Demand team. They are the team who manages all On Demand content. They work with the content holder to ensure available content is delivered to us and works with the content holder when there are issues with a program. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

OK, Zach, that's an answer, I guess, if not an "acceptable solution." Thanks.

It's AMC that's greedy in this case, not comcast. Still kinda seems like double-dipping: I paid you, in my monthly $160 charges for content, including AMC. Now I gotta pay you again if I didn't get to watch it or want to watch it again.

All drives me closer and closer to cutting the cable, getting this stuff other ways, or not at all.

ComcastZach wrote:

Hi gnpnb -- I can help clear this up for you. On Demand content is not determined by us or any other provider. The content holder, which is the network the content is created by or airs on, holds the rights to that content. They decide what is made available and what is not. They also determine if their content will have a charge for it or not. 

We do have an internal On Demand team. They are the team who manages all On Demand content. They work with the content holder to ensure available content is delivered to us and works with the content holder when there are issues with a program. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation