Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Random Pixelated and Stuttering Cloud DVR Recordings

Problem Solver

Random Pixelated and Stuttering Cloud DVR Recordings

For the past few days I have had pixelation and stuttering, choppy recordings when using the Cloud DVR. This has occurred on just a few of my recordings. All have been on either ABC or Fox.  If I watch the video through the physical DVR, the playback is fine. It only occurs when watching through the XTV portal or Android device.  I even tried watching on my smartphone through the cellular connection, to eliminate my personal wifi/ethernet connection, but it was still choppy and pixelated.

The following shows have had the problem:

• 01/29/2016 8:01p Second Chance - From Darkness, The Sun - 1006
  • 01/31/2016 7:00p Galavant - Battle Of The Three Armies; The One True King - 1002
  • 02/02/2016 8:00p Marvel's Agent Carter - Smoke & Mirrors - 1002

All other recordings through the Cloud DVR played flawlessly.

Here is a video link to see a sample of the choppy playback: https://vid.me/x9r7

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Random Pixelated and Stuttering Cloud DVR Recordings

I'm having this issue as well.

Problem Solver

The only thing I can suggest is that you send feedback either through the Xfinity TV app (Menu - Gear Icon (settings) - Help - Feedback) or through the XTV web portal (https://xtv.comcast.net/) (FEEDBACK link on lower left of page), and tell them about the stuttering and pixelation issue.  Make sure you tell them what show(s) it was happening on.  Otherwise, I don't think the forums will get much attention.

The more people that complain through the app with negative feedback, maybe they will fix the problems.

New Poster

Happens on pretty much new shows that air not on repeat. However they play fine on the tv! Before this I notice my cloud dvr and my physical dvr are not matching up. By that I mean only 34% used while computer shows 100%, Shows that arn't on the physical dvr showning up on my cloud and vise versa. Could just seems really messed up for the past couple of weeks now

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation