Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

RFD TV

New Poster

RFD TV

Why is RFD TV channel not available in Loudoun County, VA ?  It is good programming and family friendly. Seems like a much better option than some channels I pay for, and do not want, but are filthy and offensive.

Regular Contributor

Re: RFD TV

Rosey2 wrote:

Why is RFD TV channel not available in Loudoun County, VA ?  It is good programming and family friendly. Seems like a much better option than some channels I pay for, and do not want, but are filthy and offensive.

Good luck with that, Rosey2.  I'm in a rural area of Central N.J. and have been asking for that channel for years.  On a side note, Comcast was carrying RFD-TV out West, where it was the #1 channel in the area (lots of farms, lots of livestock and agriculture, really depended on that line of programming).  Comcast decided to drop the channel (despite petitions, letters, phone calls, emails, etc. from customers and local, county and state officials pleading for them to keep it) because it didn't suit Comcast's "urban" image (this in a decidedly non-urban area).  A Comcast exec interviewed said that customers who wanted the channel were welcome to change to another TV service provider in order to get it.  So, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Admin1

Hi Rosey2 -- RFD-TV is not offered in your area due to no contract agreement with that channel being in place to broadcast it. I have created a channel request for you. This does not guarantee that this channel will be added but does help us gauge interest in this channel and helps with negotiating a broadcast contract.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

mrshvd3 -- I have created this same channel request for you as well. Also, I was unable to find anything that supported your claim that a Comcast Exec was interviewed about this channel and stated people were welcome to change providers. Do you have anything that backs up this claim?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation