Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Queue for set top box

New Poster

Queue for set top box

Ok, so when can we expect this to work?  I went through all the effort to sign up, organize my tvs, etc and then cant use it?  Doesn't make a lot of sense.  Why even have the option if it didn't work.  Just wasted an hour of my day.  Is it a few days away, a month, etc?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Queue for set top box

do you mean set up a que online and then have it transfer to the set top box?  I dont know how that even would work.  is it on demand shows you pick?  why not just make a list and then watch it on your tv whenever you want.  seems like a lot of work when you can easily do it on your tv

Regular Contributor

rog, One sets up a queue of On Demand shows online on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net

Next it has be configured to work with set-top boxes. After that whatever is in the queue will be shared with the boxes. You will be able to see the queue on the boxes.

More details here http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/queue-stb/ including how to access the queue from the box. You can find a lot of good information when you search for it. Took me about 30 seconds to find it and read it.

To dawn_collins is it available in your area? If you don't see Queue on the main menu on the tv it probably isn't. There is a picture in the help and support link I posted which shows where it will be if it's available.

New Poster

Yea, I looked it up.  No, it has nothing to do with on demand.  There is a movie I wanted to watch that can only be seen online.  It is not available in on demand on tv.  According to the setup instructions, all I need to do is go into manage queue settings and check the box that says sync all movies and television shows to all set top boxes in my household.  I should then be able to hit the menu button on my remote and see the queue tab at which point I can watch the movie that is in my online queue.  

I have followed the instructions and have an authorized set top box.  My question was if it is not available here in Baltimore when will it be? It makes no sense that it is not available. There was nothing on the setup page to indicate that it was not available.  

Silver Problem Solver

the licensing agreements are not the same for on your tv and on your pc.  so you would need to filter on whats on your  tv to get a listing of just that.   then you need the most current software which I have an its not available to me to be able to send that data to your tv.

lets go old school.   see what you want to watch and make a pen a paper list and then go watch it, isnt that a novel idea.   seeing what is on demand online is not the same as whats on your tv.    I think some people watch too much tv or have too much time on their hands.   How about getting outside for some fresh air.

The opinions expressed by me on this forum are mine only as a customer. I do not work for comcast nor do I represent them in any way.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Here's the thing, I get plenty of exercise.  If you don't have the answer, then don't reply.  If I wanted to write a list of movies I want to see I would have done so.  Comcast has created a feature that has nothing to do with licensing.  On the Comcast Xfinity Queue page, it tells me that if there is something in my queue I can watch it on my television instead of my computer.  It is supposed to be that simple. Really, that easy.  Put it in my queue, watch it on my television.  Less than 30 seconds.  There is a movie they are showing on line that is in my queue.  I should be able to hit my remote and see my queue on my television and watch this movie.  THAT IS WHAT THE PAGE SAYS.  IN MY QUEUE ON MY TELEVISION.  

I WANT TO KNOW WHEN THAT FEATURE WILL BE AVAILABLE IN BALTIMORE.  If it already is, I want to know why it is not working.

Does anybody actually have the answer to these two simple questions?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation