Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Programs not appearing on TV app & New Website but ok on DVR Mgr and on X1-DVR

Frequent Visitor

Programs not appearing on TV app & New Website but ok on DVR Mgr and on X1-DVR

Ok...This has been an on-going issue what so far has not been rectified.

Here's my setup.   X1-DVR in family room, X1 HD boxes in two bedrooms.

I first noticed this while away.    Some programs were not showing up at all on my Ipad Xfinity TV app.   They didn't show up in Recordings or in Scheduled sections.    And not all shows...only certain ones.  

Figured it was the app, but getting the same result on my Iphone and now on the PC (via xtv.comcast.net).   

After opening a ticket I was sent to the application group who had me uninstall and re-install the app.   Didnt' work.    Also tried to use a different user name (tried the primary..same deal).  Checked on another computer with a totally different user (my son's)...same thing.   Programs are totally missing.

Here's what I'm talking about.    

Here is what Scheduled list looks like (This also matches what is TRUELY on my DVR)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56502535/xfinity/DVR%20Mgr%20with%20Everything.JPG

Here is what I'm seeing on the  XTV.comcst.net... Lots missing..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56502535/xfinity/Xtv%20with%20programs%20missing.JPG

Here is a screenshot off my Ipad...Same deal.. Lots missing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56502535/xfinity/TV%20app%20programs%20missing.png

Ahhhhh...

Gotta be something on the back-end...right?  

I have tried restarting everything,  syncing DVR, re-installing apps.... 

Nothing seems to work.  

HELP!!  Driving me nuts!!    I travel alot and it's HUGE for me to be able to watch my DVR recorded shows when I'm away.  

Thanks

Service Expert

Re: Programs not appearing on TV app & New Website but ok on DVR Mgr and on X1-D

phillyaj,

I have escalated your issue(s) with the Comcast team available to the Forums.  Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Programs not appearing on TV app & New Website but ok on DVR Mgr and on X1-D

Ray,

Thanks.   Look forward to hearing from someone .

Andy

Official Employee

Hi phillyaj, I refreshed entitlements on your account can you please sign out and sign back in and retest?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Nope....same thing.   Tried via the website (xtv.comcast.net) and the app.  

Attaching my "Recordings" this time to show differences.

dvrmgr-screenshot.JPG
xtv-screenshot.JPG
Problem Solver

You are not the only one having this issue.  There are other threads on this forum with people complaining about the same thing.

My suggestion to you as a workaround is to pick one of the shows that isn't showing up on the recording schedule, and using the DVR, cancel the recording, then reschedule it.  Most times it miraculously shows up on both the DVR and the Xfinity TV app and XTV web portal.  You can do this for all the shows that aren't showing up.

You can also go to the guide on the app or portal, find the show that is missing the scheduled recording, and click record until it shows it is being scheduled.  I've noticed sometimes you will need to click record a few times before it shows in the schedule on the app/portal.

I realize this sucks, but at least you will get the DVR synced with the app and portal.  I've had this problem off and on since I got X1 installed 7 months ago.  Sometimes everything is fine for a month or so, then I start getting schedule mismatches again.  I've talked to tier 2 support in the past about this issue, but obviously it still comes back.

Problem Solver

One other thing, if you don't fix the scheduled recording mismatch before the recording takes place, then the recording will only happen on the physical DVR, and will be missed on the cloud DVR.  At that point you are SOL.

Official Employee

Thank you for the information. from what I see we have the proper codes on the account, but I am going to get this issue escalated. I will be sending you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Thank you for the workaround HowAboutThisone

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I have been reading through numerous threads over the last few months to figure out why my X1 DVR has 16 recordings listed but the TV App only shows 4? What's even weirder is that I have 9 episodes of the Muppets recorded but only one shows up in the App? Shouldn't I be able to see everything that is recorded on my DVR?
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation