Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Programming the DVR online

Contributor

Programming the DVR online

The listings online for programming recordings are suddenly useless. If I search on a show, the only option is to "Watch Channel" on TVGo.  The screencap shows what I mean.  Even though the program can be scheduled by scrolling through the TV Listings (which is a lot more tedious), if I search and select a particular program, I can't schedule it.  I've cleared cookies.  On other computers, this isn't a problem.  Here it is, on Chrome and Firefox.

What's going on?

listings.jpg

Expert

Re: Programming the DVR online

Benhere wrote:

The listings online for programming recordings are suddenly useless. If I search on a show, the only option is to "Watch Channel" on TVGo.  The screencap shows what I mean.  Even though the program can be scheduled by scrolling through the TV Listings (which is a lot more tedious), if I search and select a particular program, I can't schedule it.  I've cleared cookies.  On other computers, this isn't a problem.  Here it is, on Chrome and Firefox.

What's going on?

Hi, I moved your post to the xfinity stream thread (was posted on the X1 thread).

did you connect to your home internet? did you view all listings and select filter and remove all filters?

Contributor

Yes, I am connected to my home internet.  The issue isn't with filters in my listings.  When I search a particular film, the results show every day the film is being shown, but I am only given the option of using the TVGO button to watch the channel NOW, even if I am clicking on a showing scheduled for next week.

See the inserted screencap.

This is not how this is supposed to work.

listings.jpg

New Poster

Was this ever resolved? I have the exact same issue. No option to record upcoming programs on my DVR, only "Watch Channel Now"...

Expert

RenaissanceMan9 wrote:

Was this ever resolved? I have the exact same issue. No option to record upcoming programs on my DVR, only "Watch Channel Now"...

based you your screen capture the app you are using is the Xfinity Stream TV app. If the only channels listed (with all filters off) are the TVgo channels, then the username/password you are using is not properly connected to your cloud DVR profile/entitlements. Call 800-Comcast and select billing. Ask the representative to do a deep background database refresh (takes up to an hour to complete). Also verify that the userid that you are using on the app is assigned to your current account and has the entitlement to view streaming TV.