Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Programming Remote

New Poster

Programming Remote

I just spent about an hour last night and an hour today trying to get my remote programmed. I finally discovered that I had to point the remote control directly at the box and a very short distance to the Box. Then it let me select the language and move forward with the programming. I am surprised that the online chat person did not know to have me do this. I hope this helps other customers with the frustration of trying to set up their remote.
Service Expert

Re: Programming Remote

GMC1 wrote:
I just spent about an hour last night and an hour today trying to get my remote programmed. I finally discovered that I had to point the remote control directly at the box and a very short distance to the Box. Then it let me select the language and move forward with the programming. I am surprised that the online chat person did not know to have me do this. I hope this helps other customers with the frustration of trying to set up their remote.

were you able to successfully pair the remote to the X1 box via RF (aim anywhere)?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Programming Remote

Out of curiosity, which X1 box are you referring to???

GMC1 wrote:

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation