Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Programming Infinite Loop

ANSWERED
New Poster

Programming Infinite Loop

We're entering fall and winter sports seasons and I am renewing my annual frustration. In my broadcast area we have access to Boston sports through NESN. I would prefer MSG (Madison Square Garden) channel. I am told every year by Comcast that I'm in a Boston region so they don't provide MSG. Fair enough. However if it want to order the premium NHL Center Ice package or the NBA premium package the NY teams games are blacked out because they say I'm in a NY region. What gives...am I Boston or NY? If I'm Boston then those premium packages shouldn't blackout NY games. If I'm NY then Comcast should provide the NY regional channel -MSG. Why can't Comcast and the NHL/NBA work this out. Now that would be customer service!
Accepted Solution

Re: Programming Infinite Loop

SVP131, I understand your frustrations. Unfortunately, League broadcasting zones are based on various rules set by the league themselves which results in blackouts that vary between leagues. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Programming Infinite Loop

SVP131, I understand your frustrations. Unfortunately, League broadcasting zones are based on various rules set by the league themselves which results in blackouts that vary between leagues. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation