Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Program freezing up

New Poster

Program freezing up

Comcast,

I am sick of my laptop freezing up while watching a program I am paying to watch.  I have had this problem thru old computers to brand new.  I never have  problems with Netflix or other websites that have streaming.  My problem is not with updating my software its with you. See the URL and let me know how you are going to fix this problem. So outraged that the stupid commercials that I don't want to see seems to be some of the problem.  Although even watching a program gets error messages and ofcourse I have to refresh which then I have to fight thru the commercials so can get to my program. Ridiculous.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Parks-and-Recreation/5883799404534408112/400537155697/The-Johnny-...

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Parks-and-Recreation/5883799404534408112/400537155697/The-Johnny-...

New Poster

Re: Program freezing up

I have been a Comcast customer for over ten years and have to warn you that I have felt exactly the way you're feeling at least 3 times per year. Today, one of my favorite movies is on, and 10 minutes into it, the picture went blank and continues to be blank 45 minutes later. I phoned, and they're "working on it".  Last week, on demand was down for 2 days. A few months ago, my internet wouldn't stay connected for more than 30 minutes, then would stay shut down for 2 hours. This went on for 3 weeks. I kept accurate notes of the outages, and phoned customer service EVERY single day during that time. Finally, I wrote an old-fashioned letter detailing my problems (excuse me, COMCAST'S problems), sent it to the "manager of customer service" in my area, and threatened to contact the Commissioner of Consumer Affairs for the state of Florida. I don't know if that did anything, but they got some workmen out to my backyard right after that. Now I am just so disgusted that I'm going to cancel the cable TV and home phone altogether and shop around for a different IP provider. 10 years ago Comcast was the only realistic choice for cable & internet, but not anymore. The only message these huge monopolizing conglomerates will listen to is ones involving money or repremands, so speak with your wallets or your ability to report to the regulatory agencies!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Program freezing up

Hey Florida, I recieved an email from Comcast asking me if your comment helped me.  LOL I has to laugh because clearly they did not read my problem nor did they try and answer back to me.  They just shuffled my problem out to the universe to see if anyone outside their company could help me.

Wow I think they need to learn what customer support means.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation