Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problem with Online TV Listings

Contributor

Problem with Online TV Listings

Yesterday, I noticed the page for the TV listings was all askew.  The listings begin in the middle of the screen and the whole left side of the screen is margin so I need to scroll over to view all of the time slots.  When scrolling down to view the different channels, the header shifts to the right and down a couple lines so it does not match the programming for that time slot.  Checking forums, I could not find anyone else mentioning that problem.  I use Firefox so I checked IE to see if I had the problem there as well.  The listing page is fine using IE.  Has anyone had this problem with Firefox?  I really don't want to keep using 2 different browsers. 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Problem with Online TV Listings

imannoyedtoo wrote:

Yesterday, I noticed the page for the TV listings was all askew.  The listings begin in the middle of the screen and the whole left side of the screen is margin so I need to scroll over to view all of the time slots.  When scrolling down to view the different channels, the header shifts to the right and down a couple lines so it does not match the programming for that time slot.  Checking forums, I could not find anyone else mentioning that problem.  I use Firefox so I checked IE to see if I had the problem there as well.  The listing page is fine using IE.  Has anyone had this problem with Firefox?  I really don't want to keep using 2 different browsers. 

It sounds like there is something in Firefox that is conflicting with the TV Listings page.

Try deleting your cookies and cache and then please try your TV Listings again.

If TV Listings are still a problem, try disabling all of your add-ons in Firefox, refresh the page, and see if it looks right. It could be an add-on or plug-in causing this issue.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I deleted all cookies and cache.  I disabled all plugins and am running in "safe mode".  TV listings still not working in Firefox. 

Official Employee

imannoyedtoo wrote:

I deleted all cookies and cache.  I disabled all plugins and am running in "safe mode".  TV listings still not working in Firefox. 

Try uninstalling then reinstalling Firefox and see if it corrects the TV Listings page.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Uninstalled Firefox.  Reinstalled Firefox.  Problem unchanged. 

Contributor

imannoyedto;

Did the problem start when the Pop-up window with the ding-dong bell was added to the website? That's when all my problems started.

The standard answers around here are:

1. Delete cookies.

2. Un-install the browser, then re-install it.

3. No response. Their little book of answers doesn't go any further.

It's never their doing. It's got to be a problem with our computers.

Contributor

Started on March 14.  I have pop-ups blocked so I don't know about the ding dong bell. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation