Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problem getting vcr to work with cable. Cable picture freezes when we turn on vcr

ANSWERED
New Poster

Problem getting vcr to work with cable. Cable picture freezes when we turn on vcr

We have just gotten cable. Tried to connect our vcr. Whenever we turn on vcr the picture from our cable tv freezes up. Had cable several months ago with a different cable box and it worked fine

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem getting vcr to work with cable. Cable picture freezes when we turn on vcr

Kafalu wrote:

This cable box only has an in connection. There is no out

You would have to bypass the vcr until you get a box that has coax in and outputs

View answer in context
Problem Solver

Re: Problem getting vcr to work with cable. Cable picture freezes when we turn on vcr

How are you connecting the VCR to your cable system? Are you using a splitter to send a coaxial to X1 box, and other coaxial to the VCR?

The X1 cable-box must be connected to the coaxial cable first. A high-speed HDMI cable goes between X1 and the television. X1 boxes are very sensitive to working with a weaker signal.

New Poster

The coax cable is connected to the vcr. From the vcr, its connected to the cable box.The video/audio cables are connected from the tv to cable box. We have an old-school Sony Trinitron tv so I'm thinking we don't use HDMI connections.

Silver Problem Solver

You have it wrong. The cablebox output connects to the VCR in. You can only record the channel that the box is on.

New Poster

Official Employee

Kafalu wrote:

You would have to bypass the vcr until you get a box that has coax in and outputs

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

That's what I figured. Guess we need a different cable box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation