Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Private mode online from remote site

New Poster

Private mode online from remote site

Trying to watch live tv from a remote site and get message that " 

This content on Xfinity TV is not available for viewing with Private mode enabled. To play this video, please view this page without Private mode enabled."   What is going on - the whole reason to watch online is so you can watch away from home??  isn't it?????

Service Expert

Re: Private mode online from remote site

reset3015 wrote:

Trying to watch live tv from a remote site and get message that " 

This content on Xfinity TV is not available for viewing with Private mode enabled. To play this video, please view this page without Private mode enabled."   What is going on - the whole reason to watch online is so you can watch away from home??  isn't it?????

InPrivate mode is from your browser ( IE ).  You will need to close that page and open a new page that is NOT InPrivate mode to able to view the content.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

HOW TO GET OUT OF " PRIVATE MODE"  IS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW - IS IT WHERE YOU CHANGE YOUR SECURITY? OR WHERE?    THE HELPDESK FOR COMCAST DID NOT HAVE ANY CLUE ON HOW TO CHANGE IT.    ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.    THANKS.

Service Expert

reset3015 wrote:

HOW TO GET OUT OF " PRIVATE MODE"  IS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW - IS IT WHERE YOU CHANGE YOUR SECURITY? OR WHERE?    THE HELPDESK FOR COMCAST DID NOT HAVE ANY CLUE ON HOW TO CHANGE IT.    ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.    THANKS.

I searched online and found a tutorial that shows step by step what you will need to do within the Windows Regstry to permanently disable InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer.

That link is here:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/62135-internet-explorer-inprivate-browsing-enable-disable.html

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for the help - seems like a lot of trouble just to disable a feature that you should be able to click on for yes or no and change it on the fly.   Thanks again.  But why should a website care about you keeping things from their website anyway? - sounds a little ?#$?  doesn't it?   BIG  BROTHER????  Anyway, thanks again.      reset3105

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation