Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Prevent auto-play of streaming TV

Regular Visitor

Prevent auto-play of streaming TV

I use the xfinity TV app (iOS) to manage DVR schedules. Every time I open the app, it starts streaming TV, and I have to manually stop it. I don't see any settings to stop this. Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks!

Problem Solver

Re: Prevent auto-play of streaming TV

No, I even emailed the app developer asking this question.  I find it annoying that it does this automatically.  99.9% of the time I am not opening the app to stream the last channel I watched.

Write the developer (Xfinity_TVApp@comcast.com) as well, and complain about this annoyance.  Maybe they will get the point and fix this.

MadDogMikeATL wrote:

I use the xfinity TV app (iOS) to manage DVR schedules. Every time I open the app, it starts streaming TV, and I have to manually stop it. I don't see any settings to stop this. Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Thanks. Email sent.

Regular Visitor

Hey, I got a reply to my email; sounds like it will be fixed in the next update!

We hate this too and finally convinced folks here that we should not auto-play tv on startup. The next release of the app will load the last thing you'd been watching, but it won't auto-play. 

Cheers,

The XFINITY TV App Team

Problem Solver

That's cool.  I just wish it would open the menu and leave it at that.  Then I could choose where I want to go.  I really HATE the auto play "feature" though.

MadDogMikeATL wrote:

Hey, I got a reply to my email; sounds like it will be fixed in the next update!

We hate this too and finally convinced folks here that we should not auto-play tv on startup. The next release of the app will load the last thing you'd been watching, but it won't auto-play. 

Cheers,

The XFINITY TV App Team

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation