Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Power on TV with remote app

Frequent Visitor

Power on TV with remote app

I can't power my TVs on or off with the Remote App. Am I missing something?
Problem Solver

Re: Power on TV with remote app

The Comcast remote app connects to Comcast cable boxes and can control them--it has not connection to the TV as that is completely separate.  Depending on your TV's manufacturer and the actual model you have, you might be able to find a similar TV remote control app that you can use.

Silver Problem Solver

plainly you cannot power on your tv with the app.  why would you want to in the first place.

Frequent Visitor

So I use my devices as a remote with out the need for line of sight to the box. The TV Remote app should also control the volume.

Silver Problem Solver

there are tons of apps which will let you turn on the tv and do the volume just not comcasts, you would need to use them in conjunction.

Problem Solver

eejb wrote:

So I use my devices as a remote with out the need for line of sight to the box. The TV Remote app should also control the volume.

Comcast's app controls their boxes, it can't control your TV set (be it its power or volume or any other settings) as it is a seprate device that is not within Comcast's control.

Realistically, the name of their remote control app "TV Remote" is in relation to TV content (through the cable box) rather than TV as in television, the actual device--perhaps they should name it somewhat better, but in the end the actual television set can't be controlled through their app as it's unrelated to it.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation