Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Poor quality video Xfinity but good with Hulu and Fox

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Poor quality video Xfinity but good with Hulu and Fox

When I try to watch XFactor online with my Windows laptop I can watch it just fine through the Hulu.com website but when I try to watch it through Xfinity's WatchTV website the video and sound breaks up constantly.  What's the problem with Comcast's online tv website?

OK - here's an update.  I just tried watching XFactor on the Fox TV website and it plays and sounds great there too.  Why is it that watching tv online through Comcast's site is the only place I have a problem?

Accepted Solution

Re: Poor quality video Xfinity but good with Hulu and Fox

That's because of the sites listed, Xfinity is the only one still using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe has all but said they are done making flash player, as they dropped support for all mobile devices and linux, and did this in the early part of the year, but Xfinity decided to continue with this memory hog of a software blunder.

View answer in context
New Poster

That's because of the sites listed, Xfinity is the only one still using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe has all but said they are done making flash player, as they dropped support for all mobile devices and linux, and did this in the early part of the year, but Xfinity decided to continue with this memory hog of a software blunder.

Regular Contributor

Xfinity is pretty much the worst streaming option available online, and has been for the past year.

Regular Contributor

Xfinity video online is so choppy that I'd rather wait for the movies or shows to be on TV or Netflix or not watch them at all.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response.  Comcast's support of Adobe Flash Player is a huge problem!  I can't even use my Mac to watch tv shows on their website as it is a 2008 model and the OS is 10.5.8 which isnt compatible with the latest version of Adobe Flash.  Can only use my windows based laptop now which is even older - go figure!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation