Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Poor Signal, Pixelation issues/Tiling

Frequent Visitor

Poor Signal, Pixelation issues/Tiling

I'm getting extremely fed up with my picture quality over the past year since the X1 inception.  I'm a 20+ year customer and I've called tech support, used the chat feature online, and I'm still waiting for a permanent solution.  I'm not sure how many times Xfinity wants to keep refreshing my boxes......thats obviously not doing the trick.  My last interaction with an agent quoted me "We will have someone call you and scheduled a technician to fix this for you permanently".  That was over a week ago and I'm still waiting.  For over $200 a month I would think I would get better customer service and I don't feel at all appreciated for the business after 20 years.   I've reported the issue several times over the past year and not getting any service.

The tiling is on all boxes so I would think its a signal issue.  Maybe we need an amp or something stronger at the source before the cable splits.  I have changed NOTHING since my cable was installed at the original installation from Comcast. Would love to see Xfinity do something for me.  Watching TV for the last year with this issue has made me want to switch providers.   I can't be the only person who has this type of issue so I don't understand why its taking so long to fix it?

Service Expert

Re: Poor Signal, Pixelation issues/Tiling

scottycherie wrote:

I'm getting extremely fed up with my picture quality over the past year since the X1 inception.  I'm a 20+ year customer and I've called tech support, used the chat feature online, and I'm still waiting for a permanent solution.  I'm not sure how many times Xfinity wants to keep refreshing my boxes......thats obviously not doing the trick.  My last interaction with an agent quoted me "We will have someone call you and scheduled a technician to fix this for you permanently".  That was over a week ago and I'm still waiting.  For over $200 a month I would think I would get better customer service and I don't feel at all appreciated for the business after 20 years.   I've reported the issue several times over the past year and not getting any service.

The tiling is on all boxes so I would think its a signal issue.  Maybe we need an amp or something stronger at the source before the cable splits.  I have changed NOTHING since my cable was installed at the original installation from Comcast. Would love to see Xfinity do something for me.  Watching TV for the last year with this issue has made me want to switch providers.   I can't be the only person who has this type of issue so I don't understand why its taking so long to fix it?

I have found that the techs in Houston have been able to find and fix my signal issues.  I pay for the service contract because of this.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I wish I had the same service here in New Hampshire.  I should not have to pay for a service contract though since I did nothing but update to X1.

New Poster

I have the same problem and it's very frustrating. Did your problem ever get resolved?

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately not yet.  Nobody from Comcast has yet to set up an appointment to rectify the issue. I'm still waiting.

Official Employee

Hello @scottycherie. I can assist you with scheduling a technician visit to get your X1 issues resolved. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

scottycherie wrote:

The tiling is on all boxes so I would think its a signal issue.

Something this obvious would seem to have an easy-to-find cause.  Surprised it hasn't been found.  It's when the video issues come and go and aren't happening in all channels that it can become a nightmare to get fixed.  Speaking from experience.

Service Expert

MichaelCA wrote:

scottycherie wrote:

The tiling is on all boxes so I would think its a signal issue.

Something this obvious would seem to have an easy-to-find cause.  Surprised it hasn't been found.  It's when the video issues come and go and aren't happening in all channels that it can become a nightmare to get fixed.  Speaking from experience.

It's usually an issue with the connection to the Comcast head-ends somewhere.

I have had the issue after squirrels munched on my coax drop from the pole in the alley to my residence.

It could be anywhere between there and the X1 box.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

scottycherie wrote:

Your not alone I have the same problem

Gold Problem Solver

As has been stated in this forum many times previously, X1 boxes are extremely signal sensitive. What worked for previous platforms often does not work with X1.

"Pixelation" or "tiling" when watching live TV is an incoming signal problem. There is little else it can be.

Sorry but you need to pressure Comcast. Seek out and contact your local Cable TV Commission. Legally, Comcast must respond to them.

Jamorris wrote:

scottycherie wrote:

Your not alone I have the same problem

Official Employee

Hello @Jamorris. I can scheduling a technician visit to get your X1 issues resolved as well . Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Tried to PM you, but system not allowing me to do so.......trying sending me a PM and I will reply thanks

Frequent Visitor

ok joetru I sent you a PM

Frequent Visitor

No its still not resolved.

Frequent Visitor

I sent you a PM.....did you get it?

Frequent Visitor

Yes.....thats pretty much what I'm experiencing.  Some channels worse than others.

Frequent Visitor

You may be right.....I've tried numerous times to get Comcast to do something and now they are just ignoring me.....I sent a PM to the person on this forum and he hasn't even replied back for days now.  I may have to get the NH franchising authority involved.  After 20 years of service you would think Comcast would show a little more CARE for its long term customers.

Frequent Visitor

I was finally able to get a contact to speak to regarding my issue.  I had to contact Comcast Corporate Relations to get my regional customer relations teams phone number to get an escalation ticket opened.  Seems crazy I have to jump through hoops to speak to the right person, but at least its a start.  I'll keep everyone posted on what they find for issues on this problem and what they did to correct it.

Official Employee

Hello @scottycherie. You have my sincerest apologies I was not notified to responsd back to your thread. Our Forums Community engagement team works these conversations as a shared responsibility and I apologize you have not received a response. 

I do see you have an upcoming technician visit scheduled for tomorrow. I can also see our Corporate Escalations team is involved to assist in getting your issues resolved. If you need any further details about this, please send me another private message. 

Please let us know if we can do anything further for you. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation