Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video.

New Poster

Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video.

While trying to watch some episodes and movies, I keep getting this message: Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video. I have looked at all the previous posts about this on this forum and there doesn't seem to be a solution. I wonder why, and quite honestly it is unacceptable for this to have gone unresolved many months down the road. While all other sites that use Silverlight function absolutely flawlessly and without a hitch, xfinitytv seems to be the exception. I noticed one of the "solutions" being offered herein is to uninstall the latest(5.1.10411.0) version of Silverlight and install the specially-made-for-xfinitity-Silverlight version. This simply doesn't make sense and this is why: Why would I remove a program that works well with all other Silverlight-enabled sites except xfinitytv, just so that I can install the special version of Silverlight and have xfinitytv play the videos. The rather more important question is, why can't xfinitytv work properly with the already-released latest Silverlight version? This problem has nothing to do with our computers, or with what we have already installed. Isn't there an actual real fix for this, Comcast?

Tags (1)
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation