Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Player app for Windows Phone 8.1

Frequent Visitor

Player app for Windows Phone 8.1

Perhaps we need to put this in dollars and cents for Comcast to take us seriously.  Banking institutions, airlines, etc.  all have applications for the Windows Phone (8.1 latest version).  Perhaps someone at Comcast could explain why they have not released a player?  Windows Phone is here to stay.

We both work for Msoft and have three WP's.  We've been loyal Comcast customers for over 10 years.  We subscribe to cable, internet and voice and recently upgraded our box to X1.  We would subscribe to Xfinity Home Security today if it would interface with our phone. 

I understand that it's appoximately $45 more a month to subscribe to Home.  In 2012, there were 5.8 million smartphone users in the United States using a Windows Phone. (more by now I'm sure).   How many of those Windows Phone users are also Comcast subscribers?  Comcast is the largest cable TV provider in the US, serving approximately 22 million customers across 40 states.  For argument sake, let's say 1 million Windows Phone users also subscribe to Comcast and perhaps half would be interested in Home Security.  500,000 x $45 is nothing to sneeze at.  Do you see where I'm going here?

Perhaps someone at Comcast could do some statistical research to get a better idea of how much $ you're losing by not supporting your customers who own a Windows Phone.

Why is this such a problem?  There are dozens of application out there that play movies/tv shows just fine.  (i.e. Crackle).

I apologize for sounding snarky but this has been an ongoing issue since Windows Phone 7.  The next version is already in the works. 

*Statistics from:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/232796/forecast-of-microsoft-users-in-the-us/

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2013/09/comcast-vs-directv-comparison.html

Frequent Visitor

X1 Voicemail app keeps asking for pin

Every time we use the Voicemail app on our X1 box, it asks for a pin.  This is extremely frustrating.  The worst part is that it's not the pin we normally use for our voicemail but rather the last four (or first four?) characters of the primary's password.  (seriously?)  We selected not to require a pin, but it still asks.  Ironically, there is no pin required for "My Account" which contains all our billing/account information. 

Frequent Visitor

X1 Facebook app - Will posting be supported in the future?

The Facebook application for the X1 is handy but all you can do is read/view..  We have a Panasonic TV with a built-in Facebook app, which allows posting via the remote. 

Will Comcast be upgrading the Facebook application to allow for posting/commenting?   

Frequent Visitor

Re: Player app for Windows Phone 8.1

There are somewhere around 60-80 million active Windows Phone users around the world. There are at least 300 million Windows 8 machines in the wild. I'm going to hazard a guess that the number of AppleTV boxes out there pales in comparison to either of them but they do support AppleTV. It seems pretty clear that this has nothing to do with support cost or market viability. Comcast doesn't value your business. Personally, I'm done waiting. If they step up and do what they should have done YEARS ago, I might keep my service. Now that CenturyLink is rolling out gigabit fiber, there is a viable alternative. Dish provides great support for the Windows ecosystem.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Player app for Windows Phone 8.1

I have Windows Phone also. Would be nice to have the app. Although, since Comcast did not support the Windows Phone i purchased an Android tablet, 2 different ones. The App does not work on them either. Errors all the time. Most of the time will not play. Comcast advertises the service but cannot deliver.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation